Need help setting up

Hi, I’m new to MFP. I had done WW for years with success (lost 131 pounds) but have gained 13 back in the past year so I figured I would try something different. When I first set everything up it had my calories around 1700 and then I decided to click the free one month trial of premium and now my calories are 1200. I can’t figure out what happened? I know I can manually change it but now not sure which calorie count is right.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited June 2023
    I dunno. Go back into "Goals > View guided setup" and set it to "Lose 1/2 pound per week." https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-goals-guided

Choose your Activity Level as accurately as you can, it affects your calorie recommendation.

Somewhere closer to 1700 is probably where you need to be. 1200 is way too low for 99% of people, especially with 13 pounds to lose. I'd reset it manually if you can't figure out the Goals.
  • Trish00197100
    Trish00197100 Posts: 5 Member
    @cmriverside I just saw your response. I must not have this set up correctly either or do you not get notifications when someone responds? Anyways, I tried resetting the weight lose per week, even set it to gain, and it still only showed 1200 calories. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m currently in the trial period for premium membership but thinking of finding another app if this one doesn’t work properly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited June 2023
    @cmriverside I just saw your response. I must not have this set up correctly either or do you not get notifications when someone responds? Anyways, I tried resetting the weight lose per week, even set it to gain, and it still only showed 1200 calories. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m currently in the trial period for premium membership but thinking of finding another app if this one doesn’t work properly.

Notifications are in settings...I get notified on the things I've chosen, so it's working for me in the Free version/web.

Are you making these changes in an App or online in a standard browser? Some things such as "Goals" only work on an online web browser...

You can contact "Help" here: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us

There is a "Submit a request" for direct questions to staff.