Anyone still hungry?

Options
I've been back on track the past 3 weeks, watching calories and exercising regularly. I'm seeing those healthy changes in my body. Clothes are fitting better or looser and people are remarking that I look healthier. I know I need to keep it up and I'll see more weight loss in the next few weeks, but I'm HUNGRY. Just wondering if anyone else is......LOL!

Replies

• Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to get enough fiber? Fiber can help keep you full. Also, if you're hungry eat some steamed veggies. Those are sooo good, so good for you, and so low in calories.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Eat something on your plan every 2 to 3 hours, always have a lean protein and a complex carb
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    keep going with it because i felt really hungry all the time but it soon wares off and goes the other way now i have to remind myself to eat becos i never feel hungry lol from one extreme to the other
  • imissme2
    Options
    Oh me too! I figured it was just me getting over the usual "eating too much". I eat three healthy meals a day, in smaller portions usng a smaller plate instead of my usual dinner plate, and a snack in the evening. But I find I'm waking up really early in the morning so hungry that my stomach hurts! Like, at three AM I'm waking up starving and having a hard time going back to sleep. So I've just started keeping a glass of water by the bed so I can down it when the cravings hit like that.
    How many times a day do you eat? I know some people instead of eating three big meals a day, they'll eat six small meals/healthy snacks a day.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    well, it all comes down to what you're eating. are you starving yourself? you don't get enough protein (1g/lbs you weight)?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was still hungry when I was tracking my calories on MFP. I've fallen off the wagon and started eating until I'm satisfied again. I did gain a couple pounds back, but not all of it. I am thinking I might just track my food as I normally would eat with no restrictions for awhile to see just how much I WANT to eat. Then, I'll scale it back by 100 calories each week until I start to see the scale go down again. I don't think 1200 calories is nearly enough for me, but I don't know how much is.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you put in for how many lbs you want to lose a week. Maybe change that to less.lbs a week. Excercise also adds calories for you to eat.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Up your protein.
  • annieboo34
    Options
    Thanks soooooo much you all. Really helpful suggestions....I'm going to try these....
  • docHelen
    Options
    drink plenty...i find that helps
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I agree with the protein, fiber, and water to stretch the stomach, but there is also that physiologic hunger for calories that is sometimes not fulfilled while in a deficit. This author has some interesting ideas - that hunger is your body's way of telling you that you are in a calorie deficit and at risk of burning up precious fat stores (which is what you want)

http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_for_fat_loss/embrace-hunger-and-hunger-pains-while-dieting/
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat a LOT of protein, honestly probably more than I need to. Try to eat a really protein-rich breakfast and you will feel really full! I have a mini bagel with an egg white and vegan soy cheese and a Greek yogurt (Chobani, which is 14g protein). If you're hungrier at night, you could always try eating more protein w/dinner and see how that works..