JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 228

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,986 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »
    7/5 226.8 (+0.4) 18 hr fast. I've been seeing info about IF and it aggravating high cortisol levels so now I'm questioning this protocol a bit. I'm going to wait out a full month/6 weeks and see where I end up before making a decision on it

Yes, @jelleigh, I've read some similar information. I suffer with high cortisol and Adrenal Fatigue from stress. I bought a glucose meter and have been my own test subject on how certain foods affect my blood sugar. Now I'm testing my blood sugar level on different IF times to see what is truly best for me. My BS is sometimes higher than I want it to be 1st thing in the morning. I don't know if that's just because of the dawn phenomenom or I get high numbers because any stressor makes my cortisol shoot up higher. After a couple of hours, my blood glucose drops to a good level and before I eat my first meal it's fine. I do know at 22hrs, my BS will drop anywhere from 84 to 73mg/dl. I usually don't fast more than 24hrs, but for research sake I may do it just to see what happens. I'm probably insulin resistant from so many years of having high cortisol levels.

@quiltingjaine, I began taking a liposomal magnesium supplement a couple of weeks ago and have not experienced any leg or foot cramps. I'll post some information about it later.

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,838 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Tish, I had to instantly Google liposomal magnesium. I look forward to “hearing” about your experience with it.
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Tish, I had to instantly Google liposomal magnesium. I look forward to “hearing” about your experience with it.

Me too; calf cramp wakes me at least once during the night, sometimes numerous times.