for nerds who need to lose/gain weight

Options
13»

Replies

• keitulekgau
    keitulekgau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not in to cosplay, but I want to.lose weight and need tips and simple recipes for weight loss 😄
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    NocteLibri wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »
    NocteLibri wrote: »
    Lorelei19 wrote: »
    Anyone still around?

I'm back, hon. It's been a CRAZY year, but I am redoubling my weight loss and fitness goals, so here I am again, lol.

I’m still here, never left.

Awesome, Steve. So how's your weight journey going? What do you like in the realm of science fiction these days? We can't wait for Star Wars: Ahsoka right now...so EXCITED! XD

Still plugging away. The last month has been wild with work and personal travel so I've had to improvise my training schedule a little. Just finished a large home improvement project so hoping that will calm some things down and I can get back into my normal routine. I'm currently ~177 lbs, trying to cut down close to 170 to be ready for a winter bulk. I've been focusing on more hypertrophy-centered training with good progress. My father also needed to have heart surgery in March (all is well now, thankfully), which has made me reconsider the lack of cardio I do.

Content-wise, my wife has been playing a ton of Tears of the Kingdom and I'm also a pretty avid F1 fan, which we're right in the heart of that season.

I've really enjoyed the Mandalorian since it debuted. I added a 3D printer in early spring with the intent to do a Beskar armor build. Unfortunately, I ran into some printer issues and still have a few pieces to go and haven't dedicated the time to get it back up and running. My wife and I had gotten through about half of Andor and it wasn't keeping her interest too much. I was able to watch the last half of S1 over the course of a few long flights last week which really got me back into a Star Wars mood. Wanting to carve out time to check out Secret Wars and likewise pumped for Ahsoka.
  • NocteLibri
    NocteLibri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ohmigod. Not gonna lie, part of this is so I can do some really good cosplays.

I've had my eye on doing Ciri from The Witcher, Rey from Star Wars, Ahsoka Tano post Clone Wars, Wonder Woman, maybe BatWoman or Poison Ivy.. There's so many I've wanted to do but never have. First step cutting, next step bulking. B)

All amazing cosplay ideas! I can picture you in all of them.

Which conventions would you be going to? I'm in Southern California...just wondering if I have a chance of seeing you at say, SDCC, WonderCon or the like.
  • lisadhgarcia
    lisadhgarcia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! But it's so expensive. I save it for Halloween and Spirit days at my job. 🫶
  • NocteLibri
    NocteLibri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! But it's so expensive. I save it for Halloween and Spirit days at my job. 🫶

Fair enough - and I know what you mean! I spent money on sclera contact lenses that have a limited life, but boy, does it take it to the next level!
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nice to see a nerd thread that's somewhat active. I'm Christine, just turned 65, in Canada, and a life long nerd. My son (24) and I follow what he calls the five fandoms: Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter and LOTR (the latter more his than mine). Our mother/son activity is going to Comic Cons. He cosplays and I carry the cosplay repair kit.
    I had lost 140+ lbs but have regained about 50ish through sitting around and not working through Covid.
    Trying to get back on the wagon and tracking is what has always worked for me.
    Been and MFP member for about 10 yrs.
    Open to new friends!
  • mjmorgan7060
    mjmorgan7060 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Properly sorted Slytherin Jedi Earthbender here. I’m trying to get back into the groove of getting myself back into shape. v4zr00pel3id.jpeg
    oxcit9rfy1i3.jpeg
    k8kituiskn46.jpeg
    zh6288oeatwz.jpeg