Hello!

Options
longtrails
longtrails Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Jim, a 79 year-old veteran retiree. I have right side heart failure, in large part because of severe obesity: 410 pounds. I had become unable to do, well, almost anything. I began to make changes very slowly, and with very little input. Mostly from a nutritionist on the telephone: Pandemic. The beginning issues for me at first, and I suppose still, are sodium and sugar. That was in June 2022. In March this year (2023) I began working with more purpose, under the guidance of a home-based primary care team from the VA. My weight then was 370. I weighed in today at 334.5 and am confident I will get to my goal weight of 220 pounds. I'm enjoying eating much more than before. I'm planning meals, controlling my shopping, and enjoy cooking part of what I eat. MyFitnessPal is a big part of my program. Keeping track of my food and exercise makes a very big difference.

I have a cat named Bella, and I photograph flowers and birds.

A Wood duck at Tingley Beach in Albuquerque, NM — USA.

1hjc8xzo9yr2.jpg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,292 Member
    Options
    Wow, Jim - congratulations on all you've achieved so far! I'd bet that you will make it all the way to goal, since you've already shown patience, persistence, and commitment to work at it. Good stuff!

P.S. That's a beautiful photograph. So sharp, beautiful reflection, and you've captured the glint in its eye which gives it personality and liveliness. Wonderful!
  • Scot1200
    Scot1200 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good going bother. We have to keep working to get the weight off. We just have to.
  • TheSteveProject
    TheSteveProject Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jim, thanks for sharing. Your commitment and success really gave me a boost!