Satisfy sweet tooth?

Options
How do you all satisfy your sweet cravings? I’ve noticed I’m craving sweets in the evening and could use healthy ideas. And please don’t tell me to eat fruit - grapes won’t cut it! 😂

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I have this almost every day because I can change the flavor to anything I like: 0% plain greek yogurt, I have about 130-170 grams, mix with 2-4 Tbl of cool whip then add whatever flavor you want. 2 of my favorites are packet of hot cocoa mix or Welches strawberry fruit spread, that one has a strong strawberry flavor & really good but you can add protein powder, drink mix packet, fresh/frozen fruit caramel , anything
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    How about Yasso frozen Greek Yogurt bars, for about 100 calories? I like mint chocolate chip and cookie dough ones best personally. Individually wrapped good-quality chocolates are also a good thing, IMO. There are some good options in the 50-75 calorie range.

But I'm a big fan of fruit. Not grapes so much, but apples, figs, cherries, pears, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, kumquats, jackfruit, guavas . . . .

Frozen berries with topped with a mix of chocolate peanut butter powder and plain Greek yogurt is also tasty.

Note: Evening cravings can be about fatigue. If your sleep quality/quantity is sub-ideal, improving that could help moderate cravings, maybe.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Greek yougurt.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    70 calories of semisweet chocolate chips
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Yonanas "ice cream" !!! 1.5 medium frozen bananas + berries. Weirdly doesn't taste at all banana-y. ~180 calories.
    7dn25azvplk3.jpg
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’m working on that sleep thing. My quantity is fine but the quality is lacking! I never thought about that correlation.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    How about Yasso frozen Greek Yogurt bars, for about 100 calories? I like mint chocolate chip and cookie dough ones best personally. Individually wrapped good-quality chocolates are also a good thing, IMO. There are some good options in the 50-75 calorie range.

But I'm a big fan of fruit. Not grapes so much, but apples, figs, cherries, pears, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, kumquats, jackfruit, guavas . . . .

Frozen berries with topped with a mix of chocolate peanut butter powder and plain Greek yogurt is also tasty.

Note: Evening cravings can be about fatigue. If your sleep quality/quantity is sub-ideal, improving that could help moderate cravings, maybe.

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but sometimes I’ve gotta have it!

I keep mini ice cream bars or sandwiches on hand. (Aldi has some that are really good!) Hot cocoa works and takes a little time to drink. If you can keep a bag of mini individually wrapped candy bars without going crazy, that’s a good option.

Sometimes (if I have a lot of calories left and I’m hungry) I’ll have a “4th meal” of high-fiber cereal and milk, or a Greek yogurt sundae with berries, honey, and granola.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    How do you all satisfy your sweet cravings? I’ve noticed I’m craving sweets in the evening and could use healthy ideas. And please don’t tell me to eat fruit - grapes won’t cut it! 😂

In addition to insufficient sleep, I get cravings for sweet/snacky foods when my protein is low.

I do have several servings of fruit per day, but I don't eat it alone - I add protein and fat. For example, Greek yogurt with berries and a little granola.

I think plain watermelon is boring and kicked it up with this recipe:

https://www.acouplecooks.com/watermelon-salad-with-mint/

Once I had it with feta cheese but mostly I had it with a meal. Was really good with Thai beef salad.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    How are you with your water intake? I'm feeling low on water I tend to find an ice cream.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I make protein pudding to eat in the evening. One bottle of Premier protein powder and 3 TBS of any sugar free jello pudding, I normally do the cheesecake one
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    70 calories of semisweet chocolate chips

Same. Secret is to not simply stuff in your mouth all at once, but to take your time and eat ONE at a time until gone. The "semi" in the word will cause the chocolate to taste less sweet as you go, IF you take it slow.
  • meldrach5
    meldrach5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate!

I carry this around and would snack on this when I need to have a sweet boost.
    I found the ones with around 70% cocoas are the best option to me. Still sweet, and not bitter.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    i second mini ice cream bars. you can find them at about 100 cals. dove makes mini chocolate covered ice creams that are 60 cals each.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I am the sweets queen.

Search the database for Ninja Creami ice cream recipes. We have ice cream every single night. Tonight will be homemade chocolate peanut butter with whipped cream and zero cal chocolate syrup on top. About 160 calories total for a little more than half a homemade pint. Last night was a simple can of frozen crushed pineapple, made into a sorbet, topped with maraschino cherries and whipped cream.

Cadbury’s Curly Wurly. 98 calories for their small sized braided bar of chocolate covered caramel awesomeness. Available by the case off Amazon if you’re not in the UK for about $1 per bar or less.

Irrestistables (sic) meringues (available at Sprouts), 30 calories each, the size of a fist (granted, my fists are much smaller these days).

Reko pizelle cookies, 140 calories for half a pack and if you go buck wild and eat the whole pack it’s still less than other cookies. Texture of crispy waffle cones. Several flavors. Available at TJ Maxx and some grocery stores.

Whole milk Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey and a sprinkle of muesli OR plain with a sprinkle of milk chocolate hagel- available on Amazon.

Diced apples sautéed in a little lemon juice and zero calorie caramel syrup, sprinkled with apple pie spice, and then baked in phyllo mini-tart shells.

Pear or apple, halved and baked with cinnamon or pie spice.

Frozen Wyman’s wild blueberries on cottage cheese. Amp it up with a tsp or two of GrapeNuts and/or some sweet blueberry balsamic.

A lovely naval orange.

Nugo bars. They’re high protein, and delicious. Mint, coconut, and chocolate chip are my personal faves. They’re as good as any candy bar, so you have to be careful with them. If you sign up for texts or emails, they’ll regularly send you 20/25% off deals with free shipping. You can test them out by buying individual bars at Sprouts and Whole Foods.

I could go on. I make sure to incorporate sweets all day long.

• history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I’m a serious sweets fan. I usually keep a package of Baker’s 70% chocolate in the cupboard and have two little squares if I have a craving. I do love fruit, so right now a bowl of blueberries, cut-up strawberries, seedless red grapes, and raspberries from my garden is perfection. Or a chocolate-dipped frozen banana, or a very small amount of unsweetened baking chocolate melted with a bit of butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla, with a few strawberries mixed in.

Sadly I cannot have ice cream in the house; I just have no willpower. I also like baking, so I’ll make something and hand most of it off to friends and neighbors. Most recently it was fudge bottom pie. Next it’ll be raspberry lemon muffins or raspberry galette. Peach season is coming soon where I live, and those will satisfy.

I got a snack offering on a recent flight that was delicious; a dark chocolate sea salt quinoa crisp, individually wrapped. 30 calories and hit the spot. They have other flavours too. I’m thinking of getting some, but it looks you have to buy in bulk and I’m not sure if they’re available here in Canada. https://www.undercoversnacks.com/product/dark-chocolate-sea-salt-70-pack-of-individually-wrapped-crisps-25oz-each/

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt/Lily's chocolate chips (or some of a chopped-up Quest/Vega or NuGo bar (they are almost too much of a good thing though...)/Kamut puffs/pb powder.