Hello Detox Cabbage Soup… So Good

Options
DonnasHealthyJourney
DonnasHealthyJourney Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I made the best pot of homemade detox cabbage soup. I added some lean ground turkey breast for protein.
Cabbage, kale, red bell pepper, scallions, red onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, ginger root, garlic, bay leaves and vegetable stock. So so good. i41kyppvwtsd.jpeg

Replies

• DonnasHealthyJourney
    Options
    @paperpudding ... Cabbage was the biggest amount of vegetable and it was a recipe for detox cabbage soup I got. So that will work for me. 😀🤷‍♀️❤️
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    @DonnasHealthyJourney - I love all the vegetables in this! You may also like the produce thread here on MFP. ;)

An interesting med study on anti inflammatory benefits of cabbage-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8987499/#:~:text=Crushed cabbage leaves are one,sprains, mastitis or gastrointestinal problems.

I may have to have cabbage 🥬 with dinner. :)
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    Best to correct things that are incorrect and adding a positive seems to be a good policy.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - I always appreciate your comments...your sentiments are always down to earth and (hopefully) calm some of the highly charged emotions that stem from posts.
  • DonnasHealthyJourney
    Options
    @AnnPT77 ... Thank you. ❤️
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options
    Um, guys? OP is relatively new here. I get that the MFP culture tends to find the "detox" word itself toxic: I share that perspective. But how do you think this focused "Not a detox!!" reaction to OP's delicious, nutritious-looking soup is landing, especially for a new person? Subcultures can be "toxic", too.

Apologies if my post came across that way - I was trying to make positive ( and genuine ) comments about how yummy and nutritious the soup looks - whilst gently ( I thought) correcting any detox claims.
  • DonnasHealthyJourney
    Options
    All I know is the soup is really good and is very healthy and that's good enough for me. Weather it detoxes or not 🤣🤷‍♀️
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    @DonnasHealthyJourney

Thank you for posting this recipe. I had a recipe for cabbage soup a while back, but I must have deleted it by mistake. It was also very good and satisfying especially during the winter months. I cooked the veggies in chicken bone broth for added protein, but I would like to try adding turkey next time. Did you brown the minced turkey before adding it to the soup?
    Good luck on your journey.
    G.
  • DonnasHealthyJourney
    Options
    @Gisel2015 yes I did brown the turkey and season it before I added it. It was very very good and would be real good with bone broth. I love to make bone broth too😄
  • JenniG1959
    JenniG1959 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about detox. What I do know is that soup looks good and it fits my diet so I plan to give it a try this week. Thanks for sharing it here.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    :DThe fuss makes me think of those sticky patches for the soles of the feet that were supposed to detox your entire body. I figured it was just a recipe title like Quaker Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Whenever I would make a batch of those, they would surely always vanish, but then reappear on my thighs. :s
    With the garden coming in, cabbage soup will surely be on the menu in a few weeks. Yum!

I remember those!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    If there really were such a thing as a soup that could detoxify you, and it was a vegetarian soup, why would you think it would still detoxify you after you alter the recipe and add turkey? Either you believe in the original magical detoxifying formula and the authority of its creator, or you don't.