Clean eating

Options
Ok, I researched the past three days and didn't find any forum topics on this subject. I know there are people on here who do eat "clean."

Does anyone have any suggestions or meal plans for this? How does it work? Does it work?

PLEASE help! I've lost over 60lbs and I am kind of at a stand still. I need something to jolt my weight loss! I have 30-40 more to go!

Thanks!

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is eating raw, unprocessed foods.

A decent guide is Mens Healths abs diet. It's a list of food like that, and how much you should eat (or how little)

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/flash_eret/bullseye.html

Fairly good outline of healthy foods vs not so healthy.
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/livestrongcom/clean-eating-5-simple-ste_b_632545.html

I'm a vegan and I eat pretty clean. Basically I avoid ingredients that I have to google.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    not necessarily raw food. eating clean at it's most basic means not eating anything processed. Whole grains (not whole wheat) vegetables, limited fruits, very lean protein like white fish and chicken breasts or turkey. eat more, smaller meals. i eat really basic meals, like brown rice, roasted chicken breast and vegetables. or a salad with some chicken, tomatoes and a simple salad dressing. cut down on your sugar as much as you can. basically if it didnt have a mother or grew in the ground, don't eat it. get back to the most basic form of food.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do my best to avoid as much processed food as possible. I make almost all our meals from scratch and I love it!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Have a look at www.thegraciouspantry.com - she has amazing resources on clean eating - and heaps of recipes....
    Clean eating per se won't let you lose weight, but by eating clean and healthy you will start making better choices - and be more aware of what you put into your body....
  • bookniblet
    bookniblet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating magazine has two week menu plans with the shopping lists. I found this helpful when I first started. There are also Clean Eating cookbooks. I would start with the magazine though. In total I've lost about 12 lbs eating this way in combination with exercising regularly. It's not a "diet", though. Like with anything, you will need to watch your calorie intake to lose weight. I, personally, feel better physically among other things eating this way. I hope you find success with it!
  • bookniblet
    bookniblet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating magazine has two week menu plans with the shopping lists. I found this helpful when I first started. There are also Clean Eating cookbooks. I would start with the magazine though. In total I've lost about 12 lbs eating this way in combination with exercising regularly. It's not a "diet", though. Like with anything, you will need to watch your calorie intake to lose weight. I, personally, feel better physically among other things eating this way. I hope you find success with it!

I should add that I think it's important to watch the type of calories you intake, not just counting calories. This would take into account fats and carbs, as well. I found that the more I read up on this stuff, the easier it was to follow because it just made sense to me as regular eating and not "dieting". Hope this helps.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I highly recommend the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. It has some great, basic principles.