help me eat healthy

Options
im now trying to be healthy after yrs of bad to eating, i joined this site to support my woman's effort to get healthy. i have since realized that my eating habits are off track. i need a support to accomplish my health goals to not only eat wise but live wise, for the love of my life and for my children

Replies

• shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is a great place! You and your wife can add me as a friend if you want. Tons of support here!
  • saraann752003
    Options
    we are all challenged in this way, wish you luck, if you need support send me a friend request... my approach for these first few weeks has been to just track and see what the heck I am doing wrong!!!!
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, feel free to add me. Good luck to you and your wife. She is so lucky to have you supporting her.
    Mine was chowing down on a bag of chips the other night!@ :-(
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A good read for you and family is " The eat clean diet " by Tosca Reno and they also have the best of cleaning eating cookbook . I use it and my family loves the food. As a woman who is working towards loosing 100 lbs ( 70 lbs gone) I wish I would have found this way earlier.
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We're here to support each other on this site...lots of inspiration from so many...so feel free to add me..
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    baby, im so proud ur getting healthy... u shudda notified me that i was ur WIFE now, but i still love u anyways
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Go to food-my meals and select one of my meals. Some of the names are different, but It is still in the same amounts and types of foods.

My suggestion is find a person that is successful and follow their advice. There are many theories and ways to loose weight. Develop you own and follow it to success.
  • Mickey302
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the nice welcomes n support. I have always struggled with weight in my life and have been through soo many ups and downs. I'd really like to learn how to be healthy and get fit and im soo glad my girl help show me how unhealthy I was really eating and living. I really feel that being here and keeping an eye on what im doing will def help me keep my eyes open and towards my goals. Thanks again!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Hi there! The biggest aha! Moment for me was asking myself while eating, "Would I puree this and feed it to my one year old son?" If its not healthy enough for him, it isn't any good for me, either. I'm going to give my boys really skewed relationships with food if I don't model a healthy food relationship. Also, a good bit of advice I got was "don't drink your calories." If you drink water instead of juice, soda, etc. it's easier to get your water quota in, and you save your calories for something that counts. Like cheese. I cheat on this
    but it's good to keep in mind.
    11455660.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter