Women 200lb+, Let's Fly High This July!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options

SW: 271.4
    CW: 203
    GW: 150ish

A frustrating week of absolutely no progress, even though I was quite active and stayed under goal every day. Either I'm sleep eating or those measly chicken tenders were made of solid butter or something. The new insurance plan kicked in, and my meds went up from $24 to $180 for a one-month supply. 🤬🤬

I did do four yoga classes last week. The last instructor was moving really fast, and I had to tap out for a bit because I just couldn't keep up with all the fit 20-somethings.

On the upside, I did pick up a home treadmill during Prime day, so that will help now that it's just beastly hot outside.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Buckeyebabe7l7 Congrats on your progress and your upcoming grandchild. Do you watch all six at once?

No! I watch currently 4 at a time but on Wednesday I do watch all 6. I watch 4 in the morning and the other two in the afternoon. But once my new grand is born I will watch 5 at once everyday of the week. So, I am a glutton for grandbabies and I know it goes by so fast. So my schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday with all four (soon to be 5) 7:30 am to 5pm. Wednesday is half a day with the 4 (soon to be 5) till noon and the other two till 5:50....and Fridays are thankfully half a day with the 4 (soon to be 5) 😜 The new grand will be born probably next month, unless my daughter goes long...but she is already ready to bust!

Thanks!!!!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    Just a check in...I will hopefully be better at posting here after summer. Summer is busy for me. I have been working hard this month with my steps and logging but I have had many reasons to celebrate on the weekends. This weekend is no exception. On Monday is my 30th wedding anniversary and I expect at least one day over calories. We are celebrating this weekend.

July progress:
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly.

Goals for July and progress:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week

SW:262
    July SW:177
    July GW:167
    UGW:150

July
    1. Logged, rest day
    2. Walked, logged, 15k+
    3. Walked, logged, 10k+
    4. Walked, logged, 14k+
    5. Walked, logged, 18k+
    6. Walked, logged, 21k+
    7. Walked, logged, 24k+
    8. Walked, logged, 13k+, weight 173 😊
    9. Logged, rest day
    10. Walked, logged, 23k+
    11. Walked, logged, 23k+
    12. Walked, logged, 24k+
    13. Walked, logged, 25k+ (first time I have hit 25k...and I am beat)
    14. Walked, logged, 17k+
    15. Logged and was over...I decided to treat myself today. 😊 , weight 171
    16. Walked, logged, 10k+
    17. Walked, logged, 23k+
    18. Walked, logged, 21k+
    19. Walked, logged, 24k+
    20. Walked, logged, 25k+
    21. Walked, logged, 21k+
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

No! I watch currently 4 at a time but on Wednesday I do watch all 6. I watch 4 in the morning and the other two in the afternoon. But once my new grand is born I will watch 5 at once everyday of the week. So, I am a glutton for grandbabies and I know it goes by so fast. So my schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday with all four (soon to be 5) 7:30 am to 5pm. Wednesday is half a day with the 4 (soon to be 5) till noon and the other two till 5:50....and Fridays are thankfully half a day with the 4 (soon to be 5) 😜 The new grand will be born probably next month, unless my daughter goes long...but she is already ready to bust!

Thanks!!!!

Wow. I only have one grandson (he's 4) and anytime one of my kids jokes about having a baby, I get anxiety because I don't think I could handle another one. Maybe when this one starts school next year then I'd only have him in the afternoons. Right now I watch him usually Wed-Fri and every other Saturday if my daughter has to work (she's a nanny/babysitter so her schedule is all over the place). I also sometimes have to watch him Monday and Tuesday if his dad can't find someone and has to work. And he's an easy kid. He just wants to watch TV or play on the Switch. Sometimes I look back on my life and wonder how I raised five kids when I can barely handle this one right now. I must have had so much more energy back then but I barely remember any of it, lol. It's mostly a blur of craziness.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks!!!!

Wow. I only have one grandson (he's 4) and anytime one of my kids jokes about having a baby, I get anxiety because I don't think I could handle another one. Maybe when this one starts school next year then I'd only have him in the afternoons. Right now I watch him usually Wed-Fri and every other Saturday if my daughter has to work (she's a nanny/babysitter so her schedule is all over the place). I also sometimes have to watch him Monday and Tuesday if his dad can't find someone and has to work. And he's an easy kid. He just wants to watch TV or play on the Switch. Sometimes I look back on my life and wonder how I raised five kids when I can barely handle this one right now. I must have had so much more energy back then but I barely remember any of it, lol. It's mostly a blur of craziness.

Everyone is different. I think I kept my little kid chops because I also watched my youngest brother's 3 boys after they were born into middle school. I only had a year break from watching them until I started watching my grands. It seems I have been with small kids since mine were born. I had four kids and 3 of the 4 were born within 12 months. I have twin daughters. My second son was born 12 months almost to the day before they were born. They were always accused of being triplets...and I remember my son being soooo offended and declaring he was a "whole year older!"
  • justanotherjen13
    Options

Everyone is different. I think I kept my little kid chops because I also watched my youngest brother's 3 boys after they were born into middle school. I only had a year break from watching them until I started watching my grands. It seems I have been with small kids since mine were born. I had four kids and 3 of the 4 were born within 12 months. I have twin daughters. My second son was born 12 months almost to the day before they were born. They were always accused of being triplets...and I remember my son being soooo offended and declaring he was a "whole year older!"

Oh, I thought I had it bad. My first three were born in back-to-back years (15 months and 13 months between them). People used to confuse my oldest two for twins because my oldest daughter was small for her age and my oldest son was very big for his age so sitting side by side in a cart they were about the same height and they had the same blue eyes and blond hair but otherwise... the oldest looked like a 2yo toddler and was all skin and bones while my son had all the baby fat of a 10-month-old and was chubs. He was obviously a baby. Some people just don't look close enough.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited July 2023
    Options

Oh, I thought I had it bad. My first three were born in back-to-back years (15 months and 13 months between them). People used to confuse my oldest two for twins because my oldest daughter was small for her age and my oldest son was very big for his age so sitting side by side in a cart they were about the same height and they had the same blue eyes and blond hair but otherwise... the oldest looked like a 2yo toddler and was all skin and bones while my son had all the baby fat of a 10-month-old and was chubs. He was obviously a baby. Some people just don't look close enough.

It's so funny how people see things. Please don't compare yourself to me. I am a weird duck. No one I know could or would do what I do, I am able and willing, it seems that is rare? I see myself as not a child person....I guess I am a family person who wants to help raise littles that I can.

People don't look, you are right about that! I did pray for twins so I will never ever disparage that but it was a lot at once. There is a whole story about how that happened. But God knew what I could handle and I can handle little kids...in my family. I want to stress I don't think I could do this if this was not family. For people who watch kids who are not related I have a special reverence for...I don't think I could do it. Kudos for people who watch all the kids who need watching!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh in day!
    Christina
    34 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 7/1: 174.6 (173.9 average)
    7/8: 173 (174 average)
    7/15: 173 (173.9 average)
    7/22: 173.2 (173 average)

🌈 July Goals! 🌈

🌈 July GW (average): 173

🔴Stick to weight loss calories at least 5 days a week ✅
    🟣Log everything in grams ✅
    🔵 Shut down the house every night✅

Made my goal for this month! Back to weight loss. Been in this funk for a long long time, but we're starting to get out of it.
    80985zl1ezlm.png

And this month has been so weird, what with back pain, foot stuff, skipping the gym because of pain :cry:, awful. I love going to the gym, I love doing everything there. I went to a class at the gym last night, and I couldn't do everything without aggravating my back, so I didn't, but it sucked to sit there and watch people do things I can do and wanted to do without me. I'm seeing a physical therapist Monday the 31st, so countdown to then for them to tell me what will help most.

After the gym I went to a pub with a friend of mine from the gym for her birthday- the pub was malibu barbie themed, haha.

Tonight, I'm going to a concert with Whatsisface. I'm excited. But relaxing tomorrow will be so good, I'm an introvert at heart.

I made the best pasta salad of my life this week in a bid to use up all of our cherry tomatoes:
    542c4mr8xfju.png
    Mini bowties, mozzarella pearls, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and herb marinade mix watered down with pasta water. I could eat my body weight in this pasta salad.

Tag party time!
    @coffeeandtruecrime 14 lbs in a month (or was it two weeks? if so even better) is amazing progress, and you're doing great. Your dad is absolutely right. Also, take the calories in your day to have some fries, take the power out of the craving!

@justanotherjen13 Aww, that sounds like a boy's birthday DREAM, haha. I would have thought I was dreaming too, if I got the same presents as a kid. Taking it slow and flat until you're ready to challenge yourself is a great idea. People get impatient about progression, but you walk before you can run, always.

@WeeTurtle85 Welcome! Sleep and water are truly the undersung heroes of weight loss, you have a great plan going. Whenever I feel hungrier than usual, or more run-down, it's usually because I'm tired and/or dehydrated. Hope to hear more from you!

@ShelleyMJ46 welcome! we're all very supportive, this is the best thread on the site, imo, but we are a little slower right now, I'm guessing everyone's out at the beach, haha. Do post more!

@badnoodle stalls (because it's not a plateau unless it goes on for three-four weeks with no progress) happen to the best of us. They're a good reminder to tighten up the ship you're running, make sure you're aware of what you're eating, getting enough sleep, and water. I'm sorry your meds are more expensive now, I know you liked their effects. And I'm glad you have an exercise option that's not going outside, because yeah, unless it's first thing in the morning (and sometimes even then!) it's too hot.

@Buckeyebabe717 you're doing AMAZING, look at those numbers! And if there's one thing I know about kids, they'll keep you moving, for sure, haha. Happy anniversary!

I think that's everything, time to go roll out some aches and pains from yesterday's gym class before I start cleaning for the day. Have a great day, everyone!
  • justanotherjen13
    Options

I want to stress I don't think I could do this if this was not family. For people who watch kids who are not related I have a special reverence for...I don't think I could do it. Kudos for people who watch all the kids who need watching!

Oh, I definitely get that. I loved my kids when they were little but other people's kids... not so much.
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    GOALS:
    * get walking every day
    * portion control, portion control, portion control
    * make better food choices
    * no snacking on unhealthy foods
    * lose any amount of weight

SW: 294
    CW: 279.6 (7/22)
    GW (short term): 275
    GW (long term): 250

7/22 update: Things are still going well. I've kept up with my walking every morning even with this heat (my app said it was only 70F this morning but the sun said otherwise). I vary between 1 and 1.5 miles most day. I'm mostly motivated by Pokemon Go. There's a gym that's at the lowest part of my walk that I have to take over every day and leave a pokemon there. Today, before I even got home, my guy was kicked out. Didn't even stay long enough to earn a coin. Grr. Guess it's back down there tomorrow to try again, lol. I think once it cools off, I'll want to take longer walks more often. My legs are hurting less or at least not staying sore as long. Yesterday my left ankle was swelled and I think putting pressure on a nerve because I was getting shooting pains down my foot and into one of my toes and I could barely bend my ankle. I have no idea what I did other than just walking. I took some Aleve and that seemed to work. This morning I felt fine and my knee didn't even bother me on my walk at all today. The pains just seem to come and go as they wish.

I have about 5lbs to go to meet my first goal which was 275lbs. I thought it was going to take much longer. Once I hit that, I'm changing my focus to 250lbs. I haven't really thought about getting past that because I always plateau at 250. It's what I've weighed (within a few pounds either way) for most of my adult life since having kids. I guess I'll see when I get there.
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Andi
    53 years old
    5’4”

SW: 235
    CW: 214.8
    GW: 199
    UGW: 140

I am Super excited about my progress!!
    ⭐️ I have increased my Ozempic dose to 1 mg once a week
    ⭐️ I have dropped my A1C from 6 (prediabetic) to 5.4 (normal) with my cumulative weight loss since January.
    ⭐️ I have lost 5.6 pounds this month, and a total of 20.2 pounds since starting in January.
    ⭐️ At one point this month I walked 3.8 miles, so I now know I can increase my step count.

I’m learning that many of the limitations I have placed on myself are hogwash. I’m stronger than I think I am.

Goals for August:

🌻 Reach for Real Food instead of sugar/ processed when I’m hungry.
    🌻 Test my dietician’s new parameters for my calories and macro percentages.
    🌻 Add core and arm strength training twice a week.
    🌻 Restart pool days twice a week. Pool and strength training will both be done on Tuesday/Thursday.
    🌻Walk 2 miles at least 3x/week

Non-scale Goals:
    🌻Continue writing a Gratitude List every morning.
    🌻Restart brewing my Vanilla Chai tea in the morning.
    🌻Purchase supplies to start practicing my calligraphy skills again so I can teach classes at a local art gallery.
    🌻Pull out my sketchbook and start drawing/playing again.

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm trying to get back to posting, communicating, and keeping myself accountable. Since school starts for my daughter in 2 days I assume I'll be able to do this without so many distractions.

Since it's August 1, I'm waiting for the new thread to start. :wink:
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Forgot to update this yesterday...

GOALS:
    * get walking every day
    * portion control, portion control, portion control
    * make better food choices
    * no snacking on unhealthy foods
    * lose any amount of weight

SW: 294
    CW: 276.2 (7/31)
    GW (short term): 275
    GW (long term): 250

7/31 update: I was down 17.8lbs in nearly a month of watching what I ate and walking every day. That's a lot but I'm sure much of it was water weight (my ankles are still swelled up some so I have more to get rid of). Now comes the hard part where the weight doesn't come off as easily and I get frustrated seeing almost no change on the scale. Hoping these posts keep me motivated to keep going this time. I did hit my short-term goal of 275 a few days ago but then the weight came back up, I think because I wasn't weighing some foods accurately (too much eyeballing adds up throughout the day). I've also started lengthening my walk in the morning. I've done an hour each day which has been 2.8-3.1 miles instead of just around a half hour which was a little over a mile each day. I've started to get back into daydreaming as I walk which makes me want to keep walking because once I get home, I'll be too distracted to just think about random stuff. Of course, this is the Pacific Northwest so the nice weather isn't going to last much longer (maybe until mid-September before it starts raining again). School starts in four weeks so my schedule will have to be completely changed. Hopefully, I'll find a way to keep walking.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    💜💜💜Hello, ladies!!!💜💜💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum:
    🌞Women 200lb+, Let's Apply Ourselves This August!!!🌞

Hope to see you there!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896323/women-200lb-lets-apply-ourselves-this-august/p1?new=1