How do you like your eggs?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
Depending on what I'm eating with it, I'll choose. Like with longanisa and rice, over easy.

But eating them alone................scrambled with ketchup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,928 Member
    Options
    Where to begin, probably the most versatile food on the planet. Quiche, shakshuka, eggs ranchero, omelet, frittata, over easy, sunny side up, hard boiled, egg salad, scrambled, hollandaise, eggs benedict, deviled eggs, strata's, pickled. I'll stop now.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Eggs are one of the few things I’ll turn on the stove for! My go-tos are poached, fried, and scrambled. It helps that all of the pans required for eggs can go in the dishwasher 😎
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just made the omelette from "The Bear"
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,494 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I like my eggs in pancakes, cakes, breads, and other baked goods.

I’ve never liked eggs as a dish. The texture, the taste, the sulphur smell- doesn’t matter how they’re cooked.

Meringues are the only way you’ll catch me eating an egg. 😁
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    I only eat eggs about once per month, always scrambled. Once a year at Easter I have hard boiled.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    Where to begin, probably the most versatile food on the planet. Quiche, shakshuka, eggs ranchero, omelet, frittata, over easy, sunny side up, hard boiled, egg salad, scrambled, hollandaise, eggs benedict, deviled eggs, strata's, pickled. I'll stop now.

I love them all. Except pickled. Hard pass.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Mmmmm eggs. These days hardboiled but I used to like them scrambled with ketchup or with sugar free maple syrup on top.

There was a point where I was maple syruping like 3 food items in one night so moved to ketchup for the eggs :)

Also, over easy...sunny side up. Just give me yolk!
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Frozen lean burger Patty
    3 eggs
    1 Roma tomato
    Jalapeños
    Mushrooms
    Tabasco

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Okay, Brit here. Can someone explain what the “over easy sunny side up” means? Is that a fried egg with cooked whites and runny yolk? I’ve always wondered!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,928 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Okay, Brit here. Can someone explain what the “over easy sunny side up” means? Is that a fried egg with cooked whites and runny yolk? I’ve always wondered!

yep and also not flipped over, that's called over easy.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don’t like them on their own. I do use them in recipes. If I eat one by itself, it must be hard however it’s cooked.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Well done. I can't stand eating anything snot-textured so they have to be thoroughly cooked. If I'm eating out I usually order scrambled to be safe. At home I do over easy. I don't put ketchup or salt on eggs.

In my dotage I've also gotten weird about food mixing so I definitely don't want those yolks running into anything else. If I'm having pancakes or the like with eggs I CANNOT get maple syrup on my eggs because sweet eggs are just bizarre and gross.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Very snotty sunny side ups ! The whites half way cooked and yolks completely runny. Served with salt flakes and toast. :yum:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Well done. I can't stand eating anything snot-textured so they have to be thoroughly cooked. If I'm eating out I usually order scrambled to be safe. At home I do over easy. I don't put ketchup or salt on eggs.

In my dotage I've also gotten weird about food mixing so I definitely don't want those yolks running into anything else. If I'm having pancakes or the like with eggs I CANNOT get maple syrup on my eggs because sweet eggs are just bizarre and gross.

I don’t like the thought of ketchup or syrup on eggs! I guess I have a wild imagination as it really grosses me out. I can’t look at it without feeling queasy 🙁
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    @ythannah and @Melwillbehealthy

I'm sorry I grossed the two of you out with maple syruppy goodness. :p

Now I just use it on oatmeal and when I make the 1/2 balsamic vinegar 1/2 sugar free maple syrup salad dressing (I need a better tasting balsamic vinegar tho.)
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think it would be easier for me to answer how I didn't like eggs. And even then I'm having a hard time thinking of a style of egg I didn't like. I love eggs!
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love me some scrambled eggs on half-&-half toast. Also some of my favourite recipes are a fried egg on top of a halloumi burger with lettuce and tomato puree (I hate ketchup don't @ me) or on a thin with some high protein cheese.

I also have this cute mini frying pan the perfect size for frying an egg perfectly to fit on a bagel or something. £5 from Tesco - definitely worth it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Eggs Diablo here. Leftover chili dressed up, eggs poached in the middle. So quick, easy, and good. Been having a craving for deviled eggs lately.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    pony4us wrote: »
    Just made the omelette from "The Bear"

jesert1prkbd.png

I just put boursin on my shopping list! This might be dinner tomorrow night. I'd planned to consult with my partner about whether the potato chips are necessary, but these articles think they are a great addition:

https://www.allrecipes.com/how-to-make-the-omelet-from-the-bear-7560284
    https://decider.com/2023/06/25/the-bear-potato-chip-omelet-recipe/

n0tqgbu0e2zd.png