Here again... with Health Problems.

Options
ktsj2015
ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member

I'm 45 .. work at home and im do an office job... if i wasn't struggling with my wieght already i really am now.

I've been struggling with my health over the 9 months, Caught Covid which has damaged my lungs.

Since then i've been struggling to exercise things got so bad a couple of months ago i needed to have a sit down, halfway up the stairs.

Honestly it was just sad! .. i thought i was over the worst in April ... started taking 5 minute walks... couldn't go far but it was a start.

Then caught a cold. Stupid really... nothing fancy just a cold, whole family had it.... should have been a sniffle it was for everyone else... However next thing i knew my husband was calling me an ambulance because i couldn't breath.

It's taken almost 12 weeks to shift the cold fully and get to a point where i can exercise again.

I've been struggling to control my weight for a couple of years, but since my lung issues started it's got out of control, i've steadly going up and up...

I can't do anything about the lung damage, i know to some degree every little cough and cold is going to have the potential of being a serious problem. However i also know the stronger and fitter i am, the less it will impact me.

So i need to bring my weight and my fitness levels undercontrol.

Anyone want to buddy up?

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    The good news is you can shed weight through calorie counting without needing to exercise. Get thee a digital food scale!
  • Lucy_LoseIt
    Lucy_LoseIt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in a similar position post extended COVID. Due to lack of energy & family commitments I got into some bad eating habits - but moving much less (still get breathlessness). Happy to connect
  • DarlaMSmith
    DarlaMSmith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am more short of breath post Covid. Was in hospital and on oxygen at home for a few weeks. My oxygen level was in the 70% range. That was early on Feb 2020. Also as a result of Covid I have Atrial Fibrillation and am now on blood thinners twice daily. Just said a prayer for you yhat God will completely restore your lungs better than before.
  • zimmermanlcortney
    zimmermanlcortney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Starting over again after pregnancy. So, let’s support eachother!