Finding a mini goal

Options
How does everyone find mini goals?

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It takes some practice to find a realistic goal. It's better to set goals that you can control directly such as eating under your calorie limit six days a week or working out 180 minutes a week. But we all set scale goals anyway. If your first goal doesn't work out, give yourself some grace, and choose something less ambitious, more direct, and shorter term. It takes experience to know what's reasonable for your body in your lifestyle.

My current goal is a sister challenge. I will see my sister on July 24, and I'm trying extra hard to stick to my diet/exercise plan until then. I didn't set a scale number to begin with. Now that it's close I have a scale number in mind. I chose the sister challenge because I know that she motivates me.

Annie
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    I not very inclined to set outcome goals. I prefer to set process goals. Examples of process goals: Exercise X days this week. Log food every day, good bad or indifferent. Stay within +/- 50 calories of calorie goal daily, averaged over a week. Weigh myself every morning when not traveling, and record the result in my weight trending app. Get at least X servings of veggies/fruits daily.

Outcomes are unpredictable, but I'm confident I'll get results (eventually) if I stick with a sensible process. I don't control the outcome, but I do (can) control the process. Assessing and adjusting the plans/processes, guided by experience, is another sort of goal.
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    For me it was just noticing the things that I enjoyed

At first I only had weight related goals but then I took up weightlifting and can enjoy making progress there. I tried running 1km and it wasn't the worst but it took me a while and I had to stop a couple of times, now I can run 20+ minutes at the end of a work out no issue and I'm aiming for a 10 minute mile. And I thought I hated cardio since, yk, fat haha.

For me it was just stumbling across things that improved with my weight loss and activity and decided to focus on them whether it's food, exercise or general wellbeing related. If it's fun then I'm more likely to stay at it and see results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!