New to MFP - would love to make some accountability partnering friends!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP, but have heard about it for years. Two weeks ago I underwent weight loss surgery, and had the gastric sleeve procedure. Since early February I have dropped over 30 pounds, but am looking for a good tool to help me maintain the momentum I have, and to be able to track my nutrition (because that will be really challenging for me now that I can't eat much). My dietician has given me an 80g per day goal for protein, but my belly pouch is really small now so it takes me several hours to finish one single serving of Greek yogurt so I feel like I'm eating all day in order to meet my nutrition goals. I'm currently supplementing with protein shakes between meals, but I never feel hungry.

Right now, the two biggest challenges that I have are increasing my movement/activity, and making sure to track nutrition. I am terrified that my hair is going to fall out - a common side effect from nutritional deficiencies after weight loss surgery. I have a desk job so that doesn't help with my activity level, but a friend is gifting me with a year membership to her gym, so once I can build my stamina up enough to walk for more than 10 minutes at a time I'm going to jump back in and start with a trainer to get me toned.

I'm located in North Carolina, am 45 years old and have a goal to walk a 5k before my 50th birthday - and I know this is totally attainable. I have three children at home, including 1 with autism, and 2 with other behavioral challenges. I'm currently separated from my spouse, but he has been very supportive with this journey and we still live together as friends/roommates/co-parents.

Starting weight: 332
Current weight: 296
Goal weight: 145

Short-term activity goal: Walk for at least 30 minutes per day 3 days per week.
Long-term activity goal: Walk for at least 60 minutes per day 7 days per week.

Looking forward to making some new friends here!

Replies

• Lottielee123
    Lottielee123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m in the UK. I had a gastric sleeve on feb 1st and I’m also 45! I’d love to have an accountability partner too 🥰
  • Nisha45647
    Nisha45647 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love to be accountability partners
  • janineflamingo6040
    janineflamingo6040 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, had gastric sleeve in the Uk 23/2/23 ☺️
  • wagesdaniel
    wagesdaniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 4/25/2023. Currently doing my 2 weeks of liquid diet. I am living on Premier Protein Shakes, Chicken Broth, and Beef Broth. The pounds seem to be dropping fast. I do not feel hungry, but I still have the cravings when my children are eating Pizza. I just want to dive in. Good luck with your Journey.
  • 307alicia
    307alicia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am a newbie 7 days post op from the sleeve. I’m going through those stages now. I know the pain. I don’t feel hunger or fullness yet but I also just started the shakes yesterday.