Should I eat something?

Options
Hey all! So I find myself not very hungry for the past few days. Today I've only eaten about 860 calories but I'm just not hungry anymore. It was the same yesterday. I weigh/measure everything so I know I'm logging accurately but just not sure what gives. I attached my dairy from today for reference.

I'm finally getting over the mindless empty calorie snacking I used to do so I don't want to eat just to fill up some imaginary calorie bar but I also don't want to starve my body. Any advice?

Replies

• almelly3
    almelly3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    o8lm361xlawx.png
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My appetite ebbs and flows. I just ride it out. I don’t usually have too many days in a row of lower than goal eating. It all balances out. Sometimes I eat over 🫢 but I certainly don’t force feed myself on the days I’m not hungry.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Yeah, I would just ride it out. That being said.... it looks like you're only eating a very small amount of protein. My only suggestion, if I may add, is that I would really try and focus on adding some more protein based foods to your day. If you're wanting a snack, maybe add some jerky or nuts or something along those lines. Protein becomes really important when you're eating really low calorie.
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    While your appetite is down ride with it to offset for a day when it may pick up randomly and u find yourself super hungry all day
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on? A day or two, you can probably just wait to see if your hunger catches up to (although making an effort to add some protein as suggested above is not a bad idea -- and maybe add some polyunsaturated fats, because you're likely low on essential fatty acids as well). If this has been going on for a week or more, you may need to look for ways to add low-volume, less satiating foods to boost your calories (like a non "diet" salad dressing at dinner, and mayo or olive oil with your chicken at lunch, maybe an egg with your bagel thin).
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    How did you prepare the chicken and asparagus? Any oils to add? Did you weigh the chicken, tzatziki and cream cheese on a food scale or eyeball? (Could possibly mean you are eating a little bit more than you think.)

If it continues, I would consider adding a few servings of fruit to bolster the calories but not make you feel too full.