Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Should I eat something?

Hey all! So I find myself not very hungry for the past few days. Today I've only eaten about 860 calories but I'm just not hungry anymore. It was the same yesterday. I weigh/measure everything so I know I'm logging accurately but just not sure what gives. I attached my dairy from today for reference.

I'm finally getting over the mindless empty calorie snacking I used to do so I don't want to eat just to fill up some imaginary calorie bar but I also don't want to starve my body. Any advice?

Replies

• almelly3
    almelly3 Posts: 3 Member
    o8lm361xlawx.png
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 395 Member
    My appetite ebbs and flows. I just ride it out. I don’t usually have too many days in a row of lower than goal eating. It all balances out. Sometimes I eat over 🫢 but I certainly don’t force feed myself on the days I’m not hungry.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,727 Member
    edited July 2023
    Yeah, I would just ride it out. That being said.... it looks like you're only eating a very small amount of protein. My only suggestion, if I may add, is that I would really try and focus on adding some more protein based foods to your day. If you're wanting a snack, maybe add some jerky or nuts or something along those lines. Protein becomes really important when you're eating really low calorie.
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    While your appetite is down ride with it to offset for a day when it may pick up randomly and u find yourself super hungry all day
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    How long has this been going on? A day or two, you can probably just wait to see if your hunger catches up to (although making an effort to add some protein as suggested above is not a bad idea -- and maybe add some polyunsaturated fats, because you're likely low on essential fatty acids as well). If this has been going on for a week or more, you may need to look for ways to add low-volume, less satiating foods to boost your calories (like a non "diet" salad dressing at dinner, and mayo or olive oil with your chicken at lunch, maybe an egg with your bagel thin).
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,169 Member
    edited July 2023
    How did you prepare the chicken and asparagus? Any oils to add? Did you weigh the chicken, tzatziki and cream cheese on a food scale or eyeball? (Could possibly mean you are eating a little bit more than you think.)

If it continues, I would consider adding a few servings of fruit to bolster the calories but not make you feel too full.