Weighing In....

Options
2»

Replies

• Gillby
    Gillby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning on a Friday is my chosen day.
    Why? My weekends are my ease off exercise days and I allow myself my naughty treats then too. Mon - Fri I tend to work off the damage and then some so Friday I've found is my best day to officially log. In saying that I weigh every day too lol.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    IF you can remember that the scale is just ONE (1) gauge of how you're doing...and the fluctuations can vary SO much due to SO MANY factors...then *SOMETIMES* it can be an educational tool to learn how your body
    reacts/responds to different foods at different times of the month....
    so MAYBE- if you can remember to NOT LET IT DIScourage you- it can useful to weigh yourself more often than once a week-
    but ONLY if you do NOT let it dictate your feelings about yourself and your journey.

For instance, even I who don't deal w/ TOM (time of month) anymore- I still have hormonal swings and if I've had excessive salt, I start retaining water, so when I've weighed in...the scales' jumped UP...and yeah, the first thing I'd like to do is
    throw the demon out the window!

But it's JUST ONE GAUGE- my energy levels are way UP too- and I can't overlook that the pants are looser, etc.
    so I keep that in mind.

I used to weigh in once a week- and at first I picked Mondays- because weekends are the times when I am most likely to eat differently and less structured (whether it's going out to eat, or to a picnic, etc)
    and I want to assess any "damage" and get back on track quickly.
    But now I jump on about the same time - days vary- and as long as I'm seeing a downward trend, I'm not swayed by the number. If it looks like it's going upward, I go back and look at my food diary and see if I can figure out what's up.
    I've asked some of my friends for some insight- and at times they've noticed my water intake was WAY DOWN-
    and that was a factor for me.
  • Laurendaniellebushby
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week on a thursday , i get weighed at my slimming group , i used to jump on the scales everyday which i got pretty obsessed with so i threw them out. Since then ive always had a pleasant surprise of a loss everyweek when getting weighed :)