New and nervous

Options
Hello! I'm new to this site and came about it through an article I read. I'm really striving to give this weight loss thing a try. I've done it before but not the right way..usually crash diet, b-12 shots, some type of book, etc. but a few lbs here and there but it all came back and more....never really took it serious and tracked my food intake and be hel accountable this way...I'm nervous but I've decided to be committed to this weight loss effort and try and lose weight in 5lb increments with an overall weight loss of 40lbs. Wish me luck and look forward to meeting wveryone!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good luck!! lots of good ppl here with great attitudes and good information. well, we have relatively good attitudes for an internet forum full of hungry ppl.
  • goateelocks
    Options
    This is a wonderful place to get information and support to help you achieve your goals. i hope that you get to your weight loss goal in a safe and healthy manner.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I'm a so glad you found this awesome site. I wish you tons of luck! Make sure you drink your water and eat back exercise cals if you are hungry. Feel free to friend me if you need encouragement :)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Most people on here are very motivating and have a lot of helpful advice. Best of luck :)
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! Lots of support here! I love this site. I'm so glad I found it -rosalie-
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you've got the right attitude & idea. I find setting small goals helpful. Good luck & feel free to friend me if you need support. Shelli
  • Sdeary
    Options
    I just started today as well..I wish you luck and much success!!! This site is a great tool to help us acheive our goals.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great resource. I know you can and will reach all of your health and fitness goals.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself, start with easier goals (like logging every day). Have fun, you'll learn a lot. You'll meet nice folks. You'll experience success. It works! I promise.
  • tamdee43
    tamdee43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well, you sure came to the RIGHT place.. This site is IT... I promise you this. It's so easy and exciting. I absolutely love it. I OWE all my weight loss to MFP... you will love it.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    welcome to our little family!! i have "met" some of the most amazing ppl ever on this site and i would be lost with most of them. good luck on your journey!!!