New diet

Options
sollyn23l2
sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,615 Member
edited July 2023 in Chit-Chat
Thinking of starting a new low fat, low protein keto diet. Suggestions? Think I could be onto something here.

Replies

• collinsje1
    collinsje1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So my only question with that would be......what exactly are you going to eat.....ice cubes? LOL J/K
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    collinsje1 wrote: »
    So my only question with that would be......what exactly are you going to eat.....ice cubes? LOL J/K

I'm going to filter feed from the air, obviously.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    No, bad idea. A balanced diet with minimal highly processed foods and taking in fewer weekly calories than you burn will be optimal for your goals.
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    No, bad idea. A balanced diet with minimal highly processed foods and taking in fewer weekly calories than you burn will be optimal for your goals.

Poppycock. A YouTube expert said that will send me into starvation mode. And he's a chiropractor, so he obviously knows what he's talking about.
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I’ve heard some people can take in energy from the sun. Like photosynthesis from Krypton.
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    I’ve heard some people can take in energy from the sun. Like photosynthesis from Krypton.

It's the purest form of energy. I don't need my nutrients ultra processed by fruits and vegetables with their toxins. No thanks.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Only works if you IF your sun exposure, and do at least 6 hours of HIIT every day, except your one obligatory rest day when you should do absolutely nothing . . . because rest.
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not sure how serious this is in the first place I'm not a big fan of diets in the first place as I find them unsustainable. But if it helps you figure out what foods work better for you be that lower carbs and higher fats/protein, lower fats, figuring out food intolerances like dairy etc. then go for it.

Honestly though I would make smaller changes to your current diet rather than overhaul it entirely. The 'starvation mode' of keto only really lasts as long as you're on that diet, the moment you're back to eating normally your weight is back up even faster as your metabolism isn't used to it anymore and you feel worse for wasting all that effort. And sustainability is the key in long term weight loss.

Smaller changes can be counting calories and weighing food, having smaller portions, finding healthier alternatives to your favourite foods that you can cook yourself, limiting juices and soft drinks to meal times and drinking more water etc. They're things you can keep up with for life so will in turn keep the weight off as you're not miserable over restricting, you're less likely to binge as your not always hungry. There is no quick fix that will work long term and it may do more harm than good. I'd rather lose less and be happy that the progress will last a lifetime than be miserable with not enough energy to do the things I enjoy on top of my daily tasks.

Hope that helps :)
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options

✨ Taste the SUN ✨
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    But @sollyn23l2, on my unlogged cheat days (can they be the same day as the rest days @AnnPT77 , or would that interfere with my HIIT hours?), anywayZ, on my unlogged cheat days can I have unlimited dihydrogen monoxide?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But @sollyn23l2, on my unlogged cheat days (can they be the same day as the rest days @AnnPT77 , or would that interfere with my HIIT hours?), anywayZ, on my unlogged cheat days can I have unlimited dihydrogen monoxide?

NO NO NO NO!!! Every living thing on this planet that has consumed the dihydrogen monoxide has eventually perished!!! You must tightly control the intake of that horrible stuff!!!
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Only works if you IF your sun exposure, and do at least 6 hours of HIIT every day, except your one obligatory rest day when you should do absolutely nothing . . . because rest.

The IF is crucial. It's how it turns the nutrients from the sun into ketones for your brain.
  • sollyn23l2
    Options

You can have a small amount of excess dihydrogen monoxide. But only on cheat days. Remember, everyone who ingests dihydrogen monoxide ultimately dies.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    But, but, but, I'm addicted to dihydrogen monoxide especially when pleasantly warm, nay, hot, and aromatisized with the extracts of appropriately roasted cherry pits!🫣
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    But, but, but, I'm addicted to dihydrogen monoxide especially when pleasantly warm, nay, hot, and aromatisized with the extracts of appropriately roasted cherry pits!🫣

I feel obligated to re-post this every time dihydrogen monoxide is mentioned: https://dhmo.org/

Yes, this is a Real Web Site!!

Be careful out there, people.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    n8xz0d4wf6f0.jpeg
  • sollyn23l2
    Options

Assuming the cherry pits are appropriately roasted, they will reduce the toxicity of dihydrogen monoxide. But yes, highly, highly addictive substance.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Thinking of starting a new low fat, low protein keto diet. Suggestions? Think I could be onto something here.

Making fun of the keto diet on here?
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Making fun of the keto diet on here?

Don't diet shame me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Well there's white rice, brown rice, basamati, red rice (Guam), fried rice (just use Pam spray), rice cakes, mango sticky rice................................ that should be enough carbs. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png