JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Didn’t make very good food choices today - as in, I didn’t eat as much as I should have. Stress kills my appetite and I had a lot going on today.

To add to my stress, today at work my boss said he was buying everyone lunch. I’m still doing this elimination diet with my doctor so I had to tell him I brought my own lunch from home. His response was to act like I was just being difficult. My coworkers thought so too. My boss did apologize after I told him it was because of medical issues but the rest of my coworkers didn’t hear that conversation, so I still felt judgment from that side of the room. None of them realize how much that hurt me.

There’s nothing I can do to change it now but I still felt really isolated taking that judgment and watching everyone else enjoy their delicious looking food while I’m stuck eating a ham sandwich on some really dry gluten free bread.

Sorry for the super long post. Guess I’m just feeling a little sorry for myself tonight. IBS doesn’t have a cure, which means I’m stuck with it for the rest of my life so I know I need to just find a way to deal with all the negative feelings it brings up. But on a day like today that’s way easier said than done.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

JFT for 7/18/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/20✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/16). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    JFT for 7/19/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/20
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 7/18)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 965 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 17th July

Only one snack 2
    Be mindful with food yes
    Foot exercises yes
    Exercise patience yes

Meals have been ok, just a little too much snacking. On Monday I took GS for a picnic, after only ten minutes we had to run back to the car as it started pouring with rain. So picnic finished in the car, I had hoped to let him play on the beach but it didn't happen. It's been a very wet July, I guess I'm grateful we're not suffering the heatwave like so many are right now.

Yesterday I didn't manage to post as GS arrived before 7.30am for breakfast. Again, my food was okay, and no snacking except for 2 cookies...seems his daddy promised I would make cookies with him, and it's not easy distracting a four year old who's determined! So we made cookies and I ate 2. Sent a lot home with him last night, and he took a few more this morning to take to mummy. So that's got them out of the house.
    We walked the dog before the rain started, child and dog both perfectly behaved!

JFT Wednesday 19th

Only one snack, can have one cookie
    Be mindful with food
    Foot exercises
    Walk dog
    Phone dentist
    Laundry
    Pay bills
    Gardening when dry

• littleblackskirt
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Great photo, you all look so cheerful!

@pridesabtch Hope your new job is going well, and you're settling in.

@mytime6630 Enjoy the time with your grandson, I can't imagine what it's like to have family living far away.

@emgracewrites Are you friendly with your coworkers? If you are, have you considered sharing with some of them how difficult the elimination diet is for you? You may get some moral support. Of course, if it's not the sort of work place where you get friendly and you don't want to, then hey, it doesn't matter at all what they think!

@jennysweet58 Thanks for the info re good shoes for plantar faciitis. I'll certainly look up the makes you mentioned. I have to choose shoes carefully as I have special inserts to use, and there needs to be room for them to fit (the heel on one side is built up to help balance me out). I think I've aggravated my PF by wearing sandals and plimsolls in the really hot weather last month, and not using my inserts. It does get tiresome always needing supportive shoes and sometimes I go for looks over sense...so serves me right!
    Also I've been walking my son's dog more to get the exercise, which doesn't help.

You've reminded me that I really need to get better trainers. When I'm gardening or dog walking I wear my old tatty trainers as they get muddy, and the soles are very worn down. I must start wearing trainers with better cushioning soles.

I read an article last night which listed the things which make PF worse, it included wearing old shoes...and wearing new shoes lol.

• emgracewrites
    Options
    @littleblackskirt I used to be close with my coworkers. Then the pandemic happened and now we barely see each other because all our positions went remote. They’re also a lot closer with each other than with me because I’m far and away the youngest person on the team and don’t have the same life experiences that they do (kids, marriage, owning a house, etc.). So I’ve already been feeling like a bit of an outcast, and didn’t want to draw attention to my health issues and make myself seem even more different. That should be my right, but because my boss drew attention to it I felt obligated to give some kind of explanation.

I know it shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks, but it also shouldn’t matter to them what I’m eating and what I’m not.
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options

JFT for 7/19/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/20
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 7/18)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

I won't be doing JFT until Sunday or Monday. Going away for a couple of nights.
    Will use hour commitments as needed.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    JFT - Tues July 18
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of movement - 🙂

JFT - We’d July 19
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

@mytime6630 - great news for your DH! Enjoy those Grands! I think the capes would be wonderful for the kids.

@emgracewrites - I’m sorry it was rough day, your boss should have asked if anyone had any restrictions or special needs before just ordering for everyone.
    I feel for you, a friend of mine has IBS and I know how much she struggles.

@littleblackskirt - how kind of your son to offer you to make cookies. 😂.

I had a very lazy two days, when DH is home I find it hard to be motivated to do anything. I’m not sure why.

We are learning to be together again, it has been a few years of working opposite shifts on opposite days. That may be the problem.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 JFT: JULY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    July focus:

July Focus:
    📍Improve Sleep habits
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

I am switching off my screens at 11.15pm on at least 5 nights a week
    I have set a reminder on my phone/tablet
    ✅⭕️✅✅✅✅✅
    ⭕️✅✅✅✅✅⭕️
    ✅✅✅✅✅

Current Solid Habits
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

🫶Terri

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

@jennysweet58 Thanks for the info re good shoes for plantar faciitis. I'll certainly look up the makes you mentioned. I have to choose shoes carefully as I have special inserts to use, and there needs to be room for them to fit (the heel on one side is built up to help balance me out). I think I've aggravated my PF by wearing sandals and plimsolls in the really hot weather last month, and not using my inserts. It does get tiresome always needing supportive shoes and sometimes I go for looks over sense...so serves me right!
    Also I've been walking my son's dog more to get the exercise, which doesn't help.

You've reminded me that I really need to get better trainers. When I'm gardening or dog walking I wear my old tatty trainers as they get muddy, and the soles are very worn down. I must start wearing trainers with better cushioning soles.

I read an article last night which listed the things which make PF worse, it included wearing old shoes...and wearing new shoes lol.

Ah, flat sandals is how it all started for me! I was walking across the park and literally felt a muscle pull in the arch of my foot. It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't going away, and even longer to figure out I have to wear supportive shoes that hit my arch just right ALL THE TIME! Vionics ARE pricey but they do have cute styles that look 'normal' lol. Having room for the insert is tricky, since these sort of have some built in, but maybe give it a try at least to have some sandals that won't make things worse, even if you can't put your inserts in them. Better than going without support entirely! There's a few on Amazon uk - other brands come up too, but I can't vouch for them. If you do try the Vionics they tend to run a little big, especially in sandals. I'm a 9.5 US and in their flip flops I get a 9. Anyway yes it's time for both new sandals and trainers for you! :)

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I went a little above my calories last night - just a little extra greek yogurt so it wasn't a major splurge but it was a warning bell for me. I just didn't care and still felt hungry (though in reality I had just had dinner and 2 yasso greek yogurt bars so that wasn't real hunger, that was "I want to keep eating" hunger.) Up early to hit the pool with DH this morning, will stay on track today!

JFT:
    no eating until 2pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout (check!)
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options
    On a train ride this morning. Going to munch on the lunch I brought while I ride.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - brought lots of jicama! Really good. Now I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my metamusal.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Found out today that I’m going to be out of work for at least tomorrow, and maybe part of next week as well. The contract that I’m on expired today and there’s a problem getting the new contract in place. I guess it’s a good thing I have plenty of vacation hours built up so I can get paid. Still kind of scary though since no one knows how long it will take to get the problem resolved.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Wednesday 19th

Only one snack, can have one cookie 2
    Be mindful with food yes
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk dog yes
    Phone dentist forgot
    Laundry yes
    Pay bills yes
    Gardening when dry yes

I missed posting on Thursday, as I went out early with a friend. Lunch out was a tea with a scone, we refused the cakes. Nice day out but my foot was sooo painful.

JFT Friday 21st

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food, plan something from freezer
    Foot exercises
    Walk dog
    Phone dentist
    Mow grass if it dries
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,345 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in lately, but the new job is going well. There is more information than I can take in, but I'm getting there. The people I'm managing are really great and I think once I get some of the business stuff down I will like it. Only down side is that I have no mentor or guide to help me through the initial stages.

TBH I haven't really logged or weighed since I started, but I am getting more steps in. I'll get there.

I have a friend who was supposed to come in this evening from South Carolina, but when I talked to her yesterday, her life has turned upside down. I'm not 100% sure she'll make it in tonight, but she is doing a triathlon in Columbus Sunday morning and I'm going to go cheer her on, so I will get a little time with her. A little concerned about her, but she understandably didn't want to discuss it over the phone.

Going to the kitchen design studio today to see what they came up with for my kitchen remodel. I am super excited.

That is about it for me. No goals today other than to make it through another day at work.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Had breakfast with friend today. (Feeling a little bad about it because I never eat breakfast normally AND it was a high calorie breakfast.) But it’s ok! I always strive to live naturalky with food events and occasional bad choices.

Hour commitment - don’t do that self berating thing over breakfast. Be flexible today but try not to eat again for awhile today. (Have to follow the group some today)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Hello , hope it's ok to jump in here. I liked the title Just for today
    for me Just for today I will make the veggie salad to have with our dinner from yesterday
    I will do a home workout with YouTube today
    I will read for 30min at least
    I will log all my food & drink enough water
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 6pm.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sat July 21
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

I forgot to post Thursday and decided to not start again today since it’s almost midnight.