JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,780 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again this evening, unless I want my sugarfree hot chocolate.

Sunday I leave to go home!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So hubby was going to surprise me for my 50th birthday & or 25th anniversary with a trip, but decided to give me a choice. Hawaii or Australia?
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until fter 12 pm.

JFT - no more chocolate spread or candy today. Can work on bread and other stuff left in the refrigerator. Final day in our appartment!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    So hubby was going to surprise me for my 50th birthday & or 25th anniversary with a trip, but decided to give me a choice. Hawaii or Australia?

Ooooo I personally could never do Australia. Like I'm terrified of any insects and bugs and in England we don't really have anything that big.
    And I don't know enough about Hawaii to comment other than a lot of the telescopes there but I don't know if you can even visit them and depends if you're into that kinda thing

Youve made me want to research Hawaii though, not that I'd ever be able to go but I like to learn about places.

You'll have to let us know what you end up deciding!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 976 Member
    Options

You have a lovely husband! Do you have a preference? It maybe depends on how long you can go away for, I have relatives in Australia and they would not travel home for less than 3 weeks. In fact they try to take 5 weeks off work, and stay with us for over 4 weeks, with the rest of the time for travelling.
    You also need a decent amount of time to see Australia once you get there!

I didn't have such a good night's sleep last night, so not bouncing with energy this morning. I'm being lazy having a cup of tea and listening to F1 on the laptop. I shall leap into action later :)

Eating has been okay, except I bought a little cake yesterday. Just felt like a treat.
    I'm going home later today.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,400 Member
    Options
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎 April 2023 💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    April focus: No change from March.
    If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it! 😝
    📍Focus: Positive thinking,
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Slowly recovering

🫶 Terri

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except maybe some hot cocoa.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - at airport. I won’t eat again until after 5 pm.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,400 Member
    Options
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎 April 2023 💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    April focus: No change from March.
    If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it! 😝
    📍Focus: Positive thinking,
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻

It’s been a rollercoaster of a month for me, but the outcomes have been very positive. I am recuperating steadily from my op. My bodily functions have already settled down. I’m largely off the painkillers, with only minor twinges from time to time. Getting lots of fibre (prunes, allbran, etc) to keep digestion moving.

Both my daughters came to visit yesterday afternoon. They were relieved to see me almost back to normal.

I’m generally keeping to my solid habits as well as I can as I recover. Mostly gentle exercise and no lifting heavy weights. DH is pampering me, but I’m gradually getting back to my chores. I’m keen to get back to driving, even short distances would be good. I like my independence.

🫶 Terri

• littleblackskirt
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. Hopefully you'll be driving again soon.

First of May already. This month I'm focussing on eating healthier foods, my eating habits have been bad recently. So eating an apple instead of a biscuit won't save many calories but it will definitely be better for me. There was a doctor on breakfast TV this morning who had eaten ultra processed food for 4 weeks, not increasing his portions, and he put on 6kg in 4 weeks. I missed part of the interview as grandson came in but I can guess he was also going to say how much worse he felt. So many of these processed foods with all the additives are bad for us but so easy to grab when in a hurry.

JFT Monday 1st May

THINK before you eat
    Increase fruit and veg
    Gardening

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, will remember tomorrow. I intend to end May lighter than I started it!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I'm also glad to hear that you're recovering well from your op!

I can't believe it's the first of May. I only have 4 months until I go away on holiday. I need to start exercising again.
    I'm mostly better myself. It's just my coughs linger on foreverrrrrr. But the fatigue has gone. You know when you exercise and you feel tired but also kind of pumped, like you feel good. I call that "good fatigue" but I've been suffering from the bad fatigue where you only climb the stairs and then need a half an hour lie down 😂😂

I won't be exercising today because the kids are off school for bank holiday.

I did lots of painting again yesterday though..me and Ash got off our butts and decorated the lounge! We actually managed to finish it all apart from glossing the woodwork. But I do that separately anyway.
    So our lounge is looking lovely. Still some parts of the wall we need to fix up, need to pull out some wall plugs and fill and paint over them but that's for another day, for now, the main painting is out the way. But we have a completely bare wall because we took the electric fireplace off to sell it.

So I need some pictures to hang up! Pictures that I dont have... But I love a good trip to The Range. 🛍️😁🥳

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy weekend and barely logged in or checked in. However, it was a lot of fun. My daughter's volleyball tournament, kids birthday party (where I actually know/like all the moms), Disney Trivia, hanging out with neighbors with a drink and catching up. Last night I didn't really sleep though and I'm struggling today. We'll see if I can get anything really done for work. I'll need some serious caffeine to make it through.

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am (already failed this one today)
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Get Teacher Appreciate stuff done
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - back home! After my cocoa I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can also still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/2/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 5/5
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/31). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @Bex953172 , I've been in my "new" house for 3 years now, and I still don't have pictures up in my lounge! I do have an empty nail the last owner left lol. It's an awkward room and I can't decide how to decorate it. Maybe once I've got all the work done in the garden...

JFT Monday 1st May

THINK before you eat I did!
    Increase fruit and veg not really, must go shopping
    Gardening yes

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, will remember tomorrow. I intend to end May lighter than I started it!

A good start to May. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 2 pounds less than last time, not sure how.
    I did think about what I was eating, and everything was good apart from some ice cream at evening meal. Decided to log just to see how it affected the calories, and I was in the green. The best part was I had no snacks at all, I want to break the habit of having a biscuit with my cups of tea. Even better, I resisted snacking in the evening, even though I thought about it.
    I really need to go shopping, I couldn't find anything at all to put in an omelette last night, so had an empty omelette lol.

JFT Tuesday 2nd May

THINK before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Grocery shopping
    More gardening, still lots to do!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday – NO SNACKS AT SCHOOL!
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - No coverage yet. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Begin TPT unit. Set up next TINAS script. Write personification vs anthro script. Edit Malala study guides.
    3. Pit Crew - Outside!
    4. Planning - Coverage. AGAIN. Ugh. Reading (Library book). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Review weekly plans. Lunch duty. Publish blog post. Upload photos and write blog post about the cost of loving work.
    5. English class - PS check / Grammar lesson / Malala / Make up work.
    6. Walmart. Need to keep cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there. Identify priority actions in journal. Contact J about organizing - webinar?
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books. When is next theater group meeting?
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Movie! Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. NEED TO HEAR FROM ANA ABOUT VISIT. No laptops after May 15; check with other Ts about what they're doing for final exams. School dumpster Wednesday. Dems meeting Thursday. Senior trip Friday - take pillow and blanket!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 200.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. One nice thing about being sick is the decreased appetite. Planning to lift again tomorrow; it'll be interesting to see how much I have to deload.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am (already failed this one today) ❌
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Get Teacher Appreciate stuff done ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am (already failed this one today)
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Ladies Bible Study Tonight
    ☑️Update problem customer acct
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/2/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 5/5
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/31). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my cocoa and metamusal.