Protein drinks...YUCK!!

Options
shanwow16
shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
So, I went out this weekend and bought a protein powder to drink after workouts, etc. I specifically told the guy that I was looking for something that I could mix with water only (something that would taste fruity, kind of like juice or something) rather than the typical chocolate or vanilla ones that you would use milk for just to keep the calories count down still. So he suggested Orange Burst, it would taste like Orange Creamsicle. I really wonder if this guy has ever had and orange creamsicle before...cause it tastes more like cow dung!! LOL Now i have this HUGE container of protein powder that will take me forever to go through and it is disgusting.

I guess you live & learn.....:ohwell:

Replies

• shanwow16
    Options
    So, I went out this weekend and bought a protein powder to drink after workouts, etc. I specifically told the guy that I was looking for something that I could mix with water only (something that would taste fruity, kind of like juice or something) rather than the typical chocolate or vanilla ones that you would use milk for just to keep the calories count down still. So he suggested Orange Burst, it would taste like Orange Creamsicle. I really wonder if this guy has ever had and orange creamsicle before...cause it tastes more like cow dung!! LOL Now i have this HUGE container of protein powder that will take me forever to go through and it is disgusting.

I guess you live & learn.....:ohwell:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was going to buy a protein shake as well, thanks for the heads up on that flavor!
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep, that doesn't sound good. I stick with the basics...vanilla. This way you can add fruit to your liking...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I drink the protien powder for your water from Kellogg's its called special K protien water mix it has 5g of protien.. they have different flavors, I drink the pink lemonade one I think that one tastes pretty good and it gives me protien along with helping me drink my water!!! give it a try.. you just might like it... You can find it in most grocery stores even walmart ..good luck hope this helps..
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    thats the thing with protein drinks its trial and error in finding the one that is right for you- Why not just get Whey protein powder and add it to your food or make your own smoothie?--

Becareful taking in too much protein because once you take in more than you need your body can store the rest as fat- Just got that out of my fitness magazine-
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I agree, they are awful. I only found one that I liked and now I cannot remember the name.

Go figure. :noway:
  • shanwow16
    Options
    thats the thing with protein drinks its trial and error in finding the one that is right for you- Why not just get Whey protein powder and add it to your food or make your own smoothie?--

Becareful taking in too much protein because once you take in more than you need your body can store the rest as fat- Just got that out of my fitness magazine-
    Good to know! MFP has me at 70g (with exercise) and I took in 90g. The Isoflex is about 25g of added protein. Does anyone know what the average daily intake is for a woman?
  • shanwow16
    Options
    I agree, they are awful. I only found one that I liked and now I cannot remember the name.

Go figure. :noway:

I know Cookies'NCream is pretty good - not sure why I decided on the orange!?!!? :tongue:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    If I am not mistaken 90 is actually a good # I would have to get my magazine and it is at home to see what they put down- I only look at fitness magazines for women -- I pull post tonight when I get home from work what it says