Weight loss help

Options
Hi to all :)
I'm looking to lose 75 pounds. I was losing well at first, now I've hit a brick wall. My body fat measurements yoyo's every day. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SusannahMorgan82
    SusannahMorgan82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I’m looking to lose 75+ lbs as well and find that having a support system to help motivate and get advice from really helps! Let’s be MFP friends!! Together we can do this! 💪🏻
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,272 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi to all :)
    I'm looking to lose 75 pounds. I was losing well at first, now I've hit a brick wall. My body fat measurements yoyo's every day. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

First tip would be to nut trust bodyfat readings from a scale, they are notoriously unreliable (you may be able to spot a general trend, but don't trust individual readings).

If your weight hasn't changed in over a month (and you haven't changed your routine, no new exercise,...), then it's time to make some changes:
    - make sure you recalculate/update your calorie goal - a lighter body requires fewer calories (MFP doesn't update your goal automatically, you need to go through the goal setup again to get an updated calorie goal)
    - make sure your logging is accurate (weighing everything, checking if you're using accurate database entries, not using generic entries like '1 peanut butter sandwich'...)