Blurred vision

Options
Has anyone experienced blurred vision while working out? What causes it? Any info would be appreciated . Thanks!

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Different things can cause it. It's worth getting checked by a doctor. It could be that you're holding your breath or something else.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I know that if you're doing intense exercise, it can raise your blood sugar temporarily. High blood sugar causes the lens of the eye to swell, which changes your ability to see. To correct this kind of blurred vision, you need to get your blood sugar back into the target range.

Slow down a bit. But I second the doctor.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    If you are getting blurred vision go to the doctor, don't ask on an online forum.
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. It just happened for the first time this morning. It was during intense exercise it happened. I will check with my doctor.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Usually a result from overexertion, from my own experiences and research. Blurry vision, grainy vision or big sunspots in my eyes are fairly common when I do cardio (because I don't know how to go slow).
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Heck i drove home crossed eyed the other day after doing a double prowler run at bootcamp....

But if your worried go get a check up
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Lol.. I wasn't too worried. It goes away quick . I think it's from working out hard. And maybe because I was working out on an empty stomach.
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some people can workout on an empty stomach, others not so much. Experiment, find out what works for you. I find I can go dizzy if I don't have something small before a workout.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had this too, never before lasik but occasionally after. It never really worried me because it went away pretty quickly.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    cindys921 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced blurred vision while working out? What causes it? Any info would be appreciated . Thanks!

Yes. Due to an increase in blood pressure for me while maxing some lifts in both weight and reps. Accompanied by heart beat pounding in the ears too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating enough, do that, for sure.

But go see a doctor. It could be so many different things.
  • AnnF99
    AnnF99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Most likely, this is due to intraocular pressure. Because of physical exertion. To avoid this, it is necessary to normalize the functions of the visual system. Oculax can help you with this. These are natural capsules for the health of the eyes and blood vessels - regenerate the organs of vision at the cellular level and normalize intraocular pressure. And, of course, you can't do sports on an empty stomach.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    AnnF99 wrote: »
    Most likely, this is due to intraocular pressure. Because of physical exertion. To avoid this, it is necessary to normalize the functions of the visual system. Oculax can help you with this. These are natural capsules for the health of the eyes and blood vessels - regenerate the organs of vision at the cellular level and normalize intraocular pressure. And, of course, you can't do sports on an empty stomach.

You might not be able to, but it isn't universally true. If I try to do workouts or sports with anything more than water or coffee in my stomach I will end up in the bathroom puking. Having tried multiple times with different foods, I just avoid the issue by working out and then eating afterwards.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,518 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Zombie thread.

jeez... didn't even notice the pp had resurrected a zombie....