123457»

Replies

• paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    paints5555 wrote: »
    @ninerbuff
    Do you have any links to data that shows the calorie difference in tuna from different seasons? The video doesn't discuss it and all I am finding is water vs oil pack differences. I know that different varieties of tuna (light vs white for ex) have different profiles but I have never heard this one before.

Having watched Wicked Tuna some time ago, I do seem to remember comments about differences in the tuna at the start of the season versus the end. I imagine it's linked to the abundance of food in the ocean (or lack thereof) depending on the time of year. A bit like bears at the start of the winter versus the end?

Do fish hibernate, if we attach climate change to that theory I'd imagine funding would be available. j/k. Cheers

And the official response I got from Chicken of the Sea -

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding information on our products. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

Differences in catch location, water depth/temperature and diet of the fish can affect the nutritional content of the tuna. Because of this, we have developed different label statements to ensure that the nutritional facts on the product purchased are as accurate as possible."

I learned something new today.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    @ninerbuff
    Do you have any links to data that shows the calorie difference in tuna from different seasons? The video doesn't discuss it and all I am finding is water vs oil pack differences. I know that different varieties of tuna (light vs white for ex) have different profiles but I have never heard this one before.

Having watched Wicked Tuna some time ago, I do seem to remember comments about differences in the tuna at the start of the season versus the end. I imagine it's linked to the abundance of food in the ocean (or lack thereof) depending on the time of year. A bit like bears at the start of the winter versus the end?

Do fish hibernate, if we attach climate change to that theory I'd imagine funding would be available. j/k. Cheers

And the official response I got from Chicken of the Sea -

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding information on our products. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

Differences in catch location, water depth/temperature and diet of the fish can affect the nutritional content of the tuna. Because of this, we have developed different label statements to ensure that the nutritional facts on the product purchased are as accurate as possible."

I learned something new today.

Yeah, that makes total sense. Cheers
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff
    I couldn't find a direct link by itself but it's discussed on PRIME VIDEO in the Documentary "Beyond Weight Loss" which is hosted by a panel of experts who have been successful in the field for years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png