Special K Challenge

Options
Has anyone ever done it? I'm getting bored with my breakfasts and I'm not a fan of sandwiches for lunch, so I'd like to try it. My boyfriend says I'll get bored eating it for breakfast and lunch, but the way I think of it, it's only 2 freaking weeks! I think I can do it, I'll just change it up everyday by putting different fruits in it, as well as granola.

Also, does anyone know of any good places that sell cheap mountain bikes. Josh and I want to get some because the weather is getting nicer, and I LOVE bike riding. But everywhere I've looked (Benny's, Target, Walmart) all have expensive ones over $150. I don't want anything fancy, just something to get me around and moving. Thanks guys :)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kasey42588
    Options
    Has anyone ever done it? I'm getting bored with my breakfasts and I'm not a fan of sandwiches for lunch, so I'd like to try it. My boyfriend says I'll get bored eating it for breakfast and lunch, but the way I think of it, it's only 2 freaking weeks! I think I can do it, I'll just change it up everyday by putting different fruits in it, as well as granola.

Also, does anyone know of any good places that sell cheap mountain bikes. Josh and I want to get some because the weather is getting nicer, and I LOVE bike riding. But everywhere I've looked (Benny's, Target, Walmart) all have expensive ones over $150. I don't want anything fancy, just something to get me around and moving. Thanks guys :)

:flowerforyou:
  • CarolynRoe930
    CarolynRoe930 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever done the Special K Challenge, but I eat it EVERY morning for breakfast and I am not sick of it yet. The fruit and yogurt one is my favorite! :wink:
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    I haven't ever done the Special K Challenge, but I eat it EVERY morning for breakfast and I am not sick of it yet. The fruit and yogurt one is my favorite! :wink:

That's the one I want to get! I love yogurt so much haha, I have a hard time buying it though because I hate the kinds with the chunks of fruit. The texture grosses me out. But I was actually looking at the Low Carb High Protein one because I need less carbs, and MUCH more protein in my diet. We should try doing it together :) I probably won't do the drink mixes or the snack/meal bars, but I definitely want to try it for breakfast and lunch.

It claims that you can lose up to 6 pounds in two weeks.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but just remember that you're body need nutrition from various foods-if you are eating cereal twice a day you could be lacking some nutrients.

As far as the products - I LOVE the honey nut bar and the protein bars are good too!
    Good luck!
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    I haven't tried it but just remember that you're body need nutrition from various foods-if you are eating cereal twice a day you could be lacking some nutrients.

As far as the products - I LOVE the honey nut bar and the protein bars are good too!
    Good luck!

The brand I would like to get has 10g of protein per serving, 5g of fiber, 2g sugar, and 14g carbs. It will be eaten with yogurt and fruits. I'm allowed one "free" meal a day, which will consist of probably salad or chicken, so I get more protein. This way, I get my lean meats, my whole grains, fruits, and vegetables daily.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Judging from your other posts, you need to add fruits, vegetables and protein to your diet...this would essentially send you in the wrong direction. :wink:
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    Judging from your other posts, you need to add fruits, vegetables and protein to your diet...this would essentially send you in the wrong direction. :wink:

The Special K Challenge consists of replacing two meals a day with Special K cereals or meal bars. I will be purchasing the Low Carb High Protein cereal (for protein), and be eating it along with a fruit for both meals (orange, grapes, etc). For dinner, I would eat lean meats such as chicken, along with a salad and a vegetable, such as broccoli. This gets my fruits, vegetables, and protein in for the day. I don't understand how it would send me in the wrong direction. Could you please elaborate? All of you have been here much longer than me, so you gotta help me haha.
  • aprildan
    aprildan Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,

I don't think you are looking for a mountain bike (not for under a few hundred dollars). But a commuter or cruiser bike would get you around town. I would look at craig's list, recycled cycles, or a pawn shop. Recycled cycles is here in Colorado and they have good prices on used bikes. The other place to look is a pawn shop. The ones here have lots of bikes outside, especially as we head into spring.

Good luck finding one. Try each bike out first. They vary widely as to length from seat to handle bars. Find the one that is comfortable for you.

April
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did it one summer a few years ago and I lost a lot of weight. But that was all before I found MFP. I tried it again recently and realised that I was going above my daily allowed sugar everytime. :cry: There are so many varieties now so you'll never get bored with the taste. I'll warn you to stay away from the one with chocolate.. I found myself digging through the box several times for the chocolate chunks :wink:
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    I did it one summer a few years ago and I lost a lot of weight. But that was all before I found MFP. I tried it again recently and realised that I was going above my daily allowed sugar everytime. :cry: There are so many varieties now so you'll never get bored with the taste. I'll warn you to stay away from the one with chocolate.. I found myself digging through the box several times for the chocolate chunks :wink:

I've tried the chocolate haha.. I had the same problem. I actually didn't care for the chocolate in the cereal. I felt the pieces were too big, I was expecting small shavings. And it made the flakes taste too sweet for me. Now did you lose a lot of weight in the 2 weeks that you did it? Or did you continue after the 2 weeks? And if you don't mind me asking, approximately how much did you lose? I'm asking because I'm leaving for the store in a few minutes haha.. I gotta go get some new stuff.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't do the special K challenge. I think they sell a small box for way too much. I have been eating bran cereal with nuts and fruits for a few days and salad with grilled chicken for the other meal. I love this diet because it works well for me. Like you said change it up.

Good luck!