Feeling Fluffy

Options
mrsbunbunbun
mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
edited July 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hey MFP! I'm back to try and lose the weight I gained after struggles with infertility, multiple pregnancies, and pregnancy loss... My kids are starting to get a little bit older and it's hopefully going to let me prioritize taking better care of myself and getting active. I lost a significant amount of weight with MFP in the past (about 75 lbs in a year) and looked great in my wedding photos! So now it's time to get on with the rest of my life here...

I get to work out once a week at a gym upstairs from my kids' gymnastics gym, and I have an online membership for ballet classes that I was doing in January, but then I got out of the daily discipline. I can tend to be a bit all or nothing, so I need to remind myself that baby steps are okay. It's better to build small habits I can stick to, than dive headfirst into something super intense, but I can't maintain.

So I'll be focusing on eating lower carb, (aiming towards keto but maybe not quite there yet), stretching, stability, balance, flexibility, and finally strength.

We have animals I care for every day, rain or shine, and go to church on Sundays. The rest of my routines will be built around that. In addition to stretching, ballet, strength training, and run of the mill cardio/running, I plan to get back into horseback riding, bike riding, golf, and maybe eventually swimming (once the kids are big enough that I don't have to watch them every single second lol). One step at a time, one day at time, one choice at a time. "Ad majorem Dei gloriam."

Oh yeah, I used to be on a bodybuilding forum and I think my name on there was GirlyPythons, or something like that. Hence, the arm pics.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,227 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I totally get the 'all or nothing' mentality. I used to be a distance runner, but several years of injuries caused me to stop running, and I ended up stopping all physical exercise for a while. I still can't run, but I'm walking now and hopefully working on getting healthy again. You've got this. :) Welcome back to MFP - and good luck as you move forward.
  • malkinpurrs
    malkinpurrs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it. It sounds like you are quite active.