60+, NB, new plant-based WF, non-theistic, food addiction -- looking for accountability partners

Options
sibilantstorm
sibilantstorm Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2023 in Motivation and Support
Okay, so, yeah... that's a lot. It's taken me years and lots of therapy to admit how I fit into my own life, right? I struggle with stuff. I have deprivation anxiety issues, and I'm not social, so I have always tried to do this alone. I don't think that works for me, and I think I've been fighting that truth for a long time. Maybe it's being neurodivergent on top of everything else. I don't know. What I know is that hiding is a big part of how I've lived my whole life. Hiding my issues with being gender-non-conforming, hiding my eating, hiding my social anxiety. In therapy, I learned that this is a type of self-abuse that came from the people I cared about the most always wanting to hide me from others, so nobody would notice how different I was. So, here I am. I'm reaching out. I can't do this alone.
Tagged:

Replies

• teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel like I hide some of my eating too. I was undiagnosed ADHD until recently (nearly 39) and binge/boredom eating is a big part of that. I am re-committing to MFP after loosing 30 lbs in 2010. I'm looking for people that are signing in daily and cheering me on (I plan on the same for others). If you're interested, let me know and I will add you.