Lightfoot_R
Lightfoot_R Posts: 157 Member
What’s your go to meal for dinner?
Go….

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and a bag of vegetables from the freezer. Bag of ready rice or pasta if I need to bulk it out a little more.
  • rarintogo
    rarintogo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spiralized zucchini, steamed with diced tomatoes pureed. Add a couple of meatballs or loose meat and a sprinkle of parm. So good, who needs pasta. You can also saute the noodles with a bit of oil and garlic clove.
  • coffeeandtruecrime
    coffeeandtruecrime Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like broccoli with vegan cheese, hummus, and vegan chicken :)
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Veggie stir fry, cajun sausage and pan veggies (sometimes I add rice) , fish patties and french fries, greek salad, are a few of my favorites!
  • elizrawr
    elizrawr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chili with ground chicken, beans, zucchini, lime, and lots of tomaters...mmmm. I add chicken broth to make it a bit more soup-like.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Sundried tomato sausage pasta. I use a local chicken Italian sausage.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-sausage-sun-dried-tomato-pasta/
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,348 Member
    Options
    If you mean the one my entire family loves, homemade pizza. Starting from scratch with flour, water and yeast, kids add their own toppings, the whole deal.

If you mean the fastest to prepare from start-cooking to eating, spaghetti with side salad.

If you mean comfort food, grilled cheese with tomato soup.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Just one? I can't even. ;)

Bean tostadas with veggies. Red lentil pasta with marinara, veggies, and a calorie-efficient cheese. Salad with beans, cheese or hard-boiled eggs and maybe sunflower seeds or dry roasted edamame for crunch. Veggie chili with beans. Stir fried veggies with tofu or edamame/soy noodles, in peanut sauce (made with peanut butter powder), gochujang chili sauce, or miso sauce. Bean soup (bizarrely good with chopped-up dill pickles in it, among other options). Veggie frittata with cheese. Fold-over sandwich on Ezekiel tortilla with smoked tofu, calorie-efficient cheese, mustard, thin-sliced onions, and raw sauerkraut. And so on.

(Yeah, I'm vegetarian. Also easily bored. One go-to meal? Nope. Nope. Nope.)
  • chiquitayaya
    chiquitayaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies! I like to make a big assortment of fresh veggies, drizzled with EVOO and 400 for 20 min. Then I load up a large low carb tortilla and put some peanut sauce on. Good anytime and lasts for 3 days!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,440 Member
    Options
    A quick pasta made of elbow pasta, mortadella (arabic tinned meat), garlic, onion, and parmigiano. Sounds odd, but it's got lovely olive oil, salty and crispy meat cubes, sweet onion, garlic and nutty. freshly grated cheese. It's just so much taste and texture.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Pintos and cheese.
  • calman6
    calman6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is breakfast. Avocado toast, topped with an egg (basil & salsa)
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I make a pot of pinto beans and tomatoes with seasonings. It’s enough for 4 or 5 quick meals throughout the week: tacos, taco salad, pintos with cheese, etc.

A big roasted chicken breast gives me a couple of days of chicken salad, or a wrap with lots of vegetables, etc.

I like to make poke-style bowls out of tuna or salmon, rice, avocado, edamame, and other good mix-ins.

I make a quick sauce out of mushrooms, a can of tomatoes, and garlic and mix with chickpea spaghetti and top with lots of parm for my weekly pasta fix.
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Some of my recent favorites:

1) Oven roasted mushrooms, scrambled eggs, and a couple of ounces of tomato salad (diced fresh mozzerella and tomatoes with a drizzle of baslamic vinegar).

2) Cabbage and polska kielbasa. I slice the kielbasa, and toss it into a casserole dish with shredded cabbage, then I make a little sauce with a little butter, garlic and herbs, pour it over the mix, and give it a toss before sliding it into the oven and baking at 350 for 20-30min (till cabbage is tender but not mush).

3) Zucchini flatbread pizza. I usually do a personal sized pizza crust, extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic and herbs as the sauce, thin sliced of zucchini over that covering the pizza, which I top with spinach, diced mushrooms and cheese.
  • MadgeL26
    MadgeL26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. I take two russet potatoes, cut them into fourths, and then salt them. Then I put them directly into a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. So healthy, and so delicious plain or with a little ketchup!
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have a few "go to" meals:

1. Fry up bits of bacon (I buy the thick sliced so I basically do 1 slice per person eating), once they are almost all the way crispy I add in some sort of potato or sweet potato (I usually just cut them up into ~1/2 inch cubes or I use shredded potatoes or I've even used like...Crispy Crowns or other fried hash brown type thing) and cook those (I also will add other veg - onion, bell pepper, or broccoli), then last I add eggs - scramble it all together. You can top it any way you like: I usually tend to do 1/2 an avocado, tomato, some ketchup and hot sauce.

2. Parcooked (prepackaged) rice and if I'm really lazy I'll just pick up some hot smoked salmon or popcorn chicken, or sometimes I buy a roasted chicken and pull the meat off to keep in the fridge to quickly add to rice or salads. Some sort of sauce which is usually soy, hot sauce, honey, and sesame oil. But you could add any bottled or homemade sauce you like. Could also add in some veggies there too. Easy.

3. Another easy thing is those bagged salad kits - simply add a protein that would be good in it. The Taylor Farms Dill Pickle salad is great with hot smoked salmon and chopped up additional pickles added. But there are many flavors of this type of salad and many different forms of proteins can be added. High volume meal that's basically just open and eat.

4. I am also a fan of mashed potatoes, sausage (like Polish sausage) with sauerkraut and brussels sprouts.
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @westrich20940

Roasted chicken is great. If you have a big-box store in your area, like Costco, you may want to see if they have pulled roasted chicken. My Costco usually sells like a 3lb bag of roasted chicken that's already been pulled, which for me is a huge time saver. I use it to toss into salads/wraps for quick dinners or heat it up for tacos or whatever for a bigger lunch meal. Really helps with the "I don't have time" or "I don't feel like it" kind of days.