Todays diary

Options
So please don’t shout at me…but
Today all I’ve had is 1074 calories…feel free to look at my diary…yes it’s very carby…
I have 675 calories left for the day…
I work as a hca on a busy ward, top of the tower…it’s been 26 degrees today and I really didn’t want hot food…
A nice sandwich in the sun was what I needed
But I had a protein bar from M&S which was realllyyyyyy nice but it cost me £2.50 (shockkkkk)

Don’t really know what I want from this post…I’m rambling…maybe a little help as in am I doing this right?

I know it’s way under my calories, I know it’s not sustainable, maybe I will eat my daily allowance tommorow…but today was just wayyyyyyyyy tooo hot for me!

Good luck everyone dieting…I hope mines going in the right direction :)

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I don't think your diary is shared.

A day doesn't matter in the big picture. Also, calories are more important than macros.

Seems to me an easy solution is bring more healthy snacks to work. Get a box of protein bars from Amazon or whatever your Costco equivalent is. You can bring protein powder and mix it with milk or even water if that's all you have. I have a little shaker bottle that cost under $10, love it, got it from Amazon, it's just a little bottle with a metal ball inside that mixes the powder when you shake it. Bring fruit to work. This will all be better for you and cheaper in the long run.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't think your diary is shared.

A day doesn't matter in the big picture. Also, calories are more important than macros.

Seems to me an easy solution is bring more healthy snacks to work. Get a box of protein bars from Amazon or whatever your Costco equivalent is. You can bring protein powder and mix it with milk or even water if that's all you have. I have a little shaker bottle that cost under $10, love it, got it from Amazon, it's just a little bottle with a metal ball inside that mixes the powder when you shake it. Bring fruit to work. This will all be better for you and cheaper in the long run.

Thank you retro :) I do usually bring my lunch to work but left my lunchbox at work yesterday and I didn’t want any hot food anyway today :)
    Not keen on fruit much but vegetables I can eat till the cows come home :) I’ve had protein I think :) just had a bacon and egg sarnie YUM!
    I do love meat :) by by god I will reiterate it has been a hot day today :(
  • Retroguy2000
    Options
    LOL, you call 26C hot.

Let me tell you what hot is. We'll soon be on track here for 40+ days in a row of 38C or above. At least todays high of 40.5C is a bit cooler than the last couple of days.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    LOL, you call 26C hot.

Let me tell you what hot is. We'll soon be on track here for 40+ days in a row of 38C or above. At least todays high of 40.5C is a bit cooler than the last couple of days.

Ouch!! I guess you are from the states?
    Well it felt like 40 degrees at the top of the highest tower haha! :smile:
    I bet you are melting you poor thing!
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It’s hotter where there’s no air conditioning!

But… yeah, 26C is pleasant, not hot!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,244 Member
    Options
    One unusual day is a drop in the ocean. If most days you get a sensible number of calories, and your nutrition is balanced reasonably on average over a small number of days, you're fine. It's bad to persistently eat too few calories, or to persistently be deficient in the same nutrients day after day, sure. One day, no big deal.

There are enough things in the world to feel stressed about, without feeling every single day has to be exactly perfect.

I agree with that idea about bringing some shelf-stable foods to work with you. If you have a desk or locker, just keep them there; or put them in a purse/bag you always take to work. Today, you didn't feel like eating. Some other day, you may forget and be too busy to go get food, or not want to pay the $$, or feel fatigued from eating too little. Having a solution at hand is a good strategy.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    It’s hotter where there’s no air conditioning!

But… yeah, 26C is pleasant, not hot!

There isn’t any :(:(:( I was melting!! 2 weeks off now yayyyy :D
  • Retroguy2000
    Options
    We found the flat Earther...

/s
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It’s ok to have low days. Put those unused calories in the bank so if you’re over your allotment another day during the week it will balance out to some degree. Weekly calories is the main number to be looking at.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    you have posted about under eating a few times. i am assuming this is a new problem since you started counting calories? before you started you were either at maintenance or over eating, but since you started logging you can’t get yourself to eat the recommended amount?
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    you have posted about under eating a few times. i am assuming this is a new problem since you started counting calories? before you started you were either at maintenance or over eating, but since you started logging you can’t get yourself to eat the recommended amount?

Never was a big eater anyway…but I did log my food from before…turns out I wasn’t underrating…I was over eating
    I’ll have a better day today…just that it was really hot and I didn’t feel like eating.if I’m honest I felt sick from the heat
    Like I said baring in mind I was at the top of a tower turning and washing patients as I’m a hca so the sweat was dripping from me..I drank loads of water though as we have a cold water machine :D

I’ll try make today better :)
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    It’s ok to have low days. Put those unused calories in the bank so if you’re over your allotment another day during the week it will balance out to some degree. Weekly calories is the main number to be looking at.

Thank you too :) thank you for being the most supportive :) I hope you don’t mind if I add u as a friend :)
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    there’s a lot more time left in the day for food….

edit: realized within about five seconds that people on MFP live all over the world 😬

There probably is on a non work day…
    I work 12 1/2 hours at work.
    I leave the house at 6.30 and I’m not hungry when I’ve just woken up
    I get a 15 min break in the morning and then an hour for lunch…by the time I get home it’s 8pm…and after a hard days graft I just want a shower and bed :D
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,419 Member
    Options
    Wait, just a question: You're in the UK, right? Are you working 12.5 hrs? Because the working time directive states that you need to have at least 11 consecutive hours of daily rest and at least 24 hours of uninterrupted weekly rest every 7 days, over a reference period of 2 weeks and "not work more than 48 hours per week on average (including overtime)

https://www.acas.org.uk/rest-breaks

Yes, you can opt out, but you have to keep a record of that. If you work more than 48hrs and have not signed out then you still can't get over 48hrs in a 17 week period.
    https://www.acas.org.uk/working-time-rules/the-48-hour-weekly-maximum
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Wait, just a question: You're in the UK, right? Are you working 12.5 hrs? Because the working time directive states that you need to have at least 11 consecutive hours of daily rest and at least 24 hours of uninterrupted weekly rest every 7 days, over a reference period of 2 weeks and "not work more than 48 hours per week on average (including overtime)

https://www.acas.org.uk/rest-breaks

Yes, you can opt out, but you have to keep a record of that. If you work more than 48hrs and have not signed out then you still can't get over 48hrs in a 17 week period.
    https://www.acas.org.uk/working-time-rules/the-48-hour-weekly-maximum

There are people that do like 4 shifts in a row (being their own choice) that’s like 50 hours in 4 days straight..how they do it I don’t know

I’ve just done Monday,Wednesday and Thursday, so I’ve had a day off between 3 shifts…
    Yes I’m in the uk…it’s hard work…I’ve done about 20,000 steps in a day in the heat..hence why I wanted a cool sandwich…if I had eaten a hot meal I would have fainted..

I need to move to a better country haha!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,419 Member
    Options
    Sending you hugs <3 I worked in the UK, and I would not want to work there anymore even though the company I worked for was fairly reasonable (for UK standards).