☀️🌤️August Daily Weigh-in and Log-in Challenge🌤️☀️

Options

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,167 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej Just read your intro at Hogwarts! 😁 I'm a student too - I'll be cheering you on from the Hufflepuff house.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly. This daily group accountability is awesome! I absolutely love this group.

Goals for August:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week
    Hit 100lb weight loss this month

SW:262
    August SW:166
    August GW:155
    UGW:150

August
    1. Walked, logged, 23k+
    2. Walked, logged, 24k+
    3. Walked, logged, 21k+
    4. Walked, logged, 20k+
    5. Logged, rest day, weight 163 😊
    6. Walked, logged, 16k+
    7. Walked, logged, 22k+
    8. Walked, logged, 23k+
    9. Walked, logged, 17k+

I really struggled today to get the steps I got and my walk in...I am just feeling completely drained. I changed something in my normal weekly diet and I wonder if that is it. I have decided to cut it out and go back to my normal routine and hopefully that will help. This Nana has to have energy to keep up with all her grands. I can't keep up on a daily basis if I have little to no energy.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    Aug 9 - 184 😁 Had a really nice day. Started the day with my usual walk "after" the rain. Half way through it poured, was kind of refreshing and made us laugh. My daughter took us out for a nice lunch, and then just a quiet day at home the rest of the day. Tonight is Trivia night. We haven't been in a long time, so really looking forward to it.
    To give you all a chuckle!
    2etvil7xpjn3.jpg

Love the picture of your wet adventure in the rain! I hope you did some singing and dancing. 😉
    dqxmzdzsmvrt.jpg

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    Aug 9 - 184 😁 Had a really nice day. Started the day with my usual walk "after" the rain. Half way through it poured, was kind of refreshing and made us laugh. My daughter took us out for a nice lunch, and then just a quiet day at home the rest of the day. Tonight is Trivia night. We haven't been in a long time, so really looking forward to it.
    To give you all a chuckle!
    2etvil7xpjn3.jpg

Love the picture of your wet adventure in the rain! I hope you did some singing and dancing. 😉
    dqxmzdzsmvrt.jpg

@buckeyebabe717 and @ddainiak

I haven't walked or danced in the rain in decades. My turn:

dancing-in-the-rain.jpg?1477487431

Love all the pics!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from July 31st): 193.8
    Goal: 189.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

08/01-193.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/02-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/03-196.8-(Trend Weight 195.3)-

08/04-195.4-(Trend Weight 195.3)-

08/05-196.6-(Trend Weight 195.4)-

08/06-197.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)-

08/07-195.8-(Trend Weight 195.6)-

08/08-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)- Another good day for the books. I am just 0.4 above my starting weight. I don’t know if I can drop yet again on another overnight to at least break even this round. I’m really paying for the 3 days of irresponsibility. The travel day, the festival day and the cereal binge day. I danced for 32 minutes last night but my water intake was low. I’ll try working on that today. I’m going to pre-log my foods again. That seems to really help me stay on track. I just gotta watch it when the night monsters come out teasing of off-plan snacks!

08/09-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)- Wow! I almost didn’t have time to jump onto MFP today. Oldest daughter over this morning (shame on her for bringing chocolate chunk zucchini bread to go with our coffee from zucchini fresh from her garden). She is not the one that is usually the foodie. She loves to cook though but is always watching her weight like me. Then a contracter came for 3 hours going over all the projects in my house. He’ll be back Friday to start working on some small repairs, tying up some loose ends etc. as he works out quotes for the bigger jobs. Then I had to run out of town (about 60 miles each way) for something he needs Friday. Can’t go tomorrow due to long hair appointment. I’m hoping, still yet, to get on my exercise bike but we’ll see how I feel after my posts. I do need to burn some of the “bad” carbs and calories I ate today. In any case, I will be doing a little strength training tonight.

08/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    @ddainiak I think Hufflepuff is the only house I have never been in... :D Will be cheering you on from Slytherin <3
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    I'm Janice...54 yrs old, married 26 years with 4 kids, One 4 week old grandbaby and a small zoo :D I live in Edmonton.Alberta,Canada and I work for Hallmark. I am an avid cyclist...I love to walk, hike, spin class, BodyCombat and BodyPump. I sometimes teach spin classes at a friends gym. I also like to read(audiobooks) and watch movies!!
    😁9 year breast cancer survivor...Osteoarthritis in most of my joints...limited range of motion in my knees, but all bearable for now..
    I went back and forth on joining...time is not my friend but I really love that their isn't 200 people in the group...I always have a hard time connecting In large groups...then I just end up quitting ...so really looking forward to this group😁😁😁
    Highest weight:197.6

Goals:
    1. Training scheduled - 2 races coming up
    2. Yoga
    3. Tracking everything
    4. Journaling

Weight Tracking for August:
    8/01 - 158.7
    8/02 - 158.7 Tracked everything - too many nuts!
    8/03 - 158.7 I am a turtle :(
    8/04 - 158.2 at least it's down - but I was sick again last night :((
    8/05 - 158 Honestly kept the food light yesterday...
    8/06 - 158 Good day - smoked homemade pizza...😋😋
    8/07 - 157.4 awesome day yesterday - except the sangria...but kept it in check!!!
    8/08 - 157.2 At least it's going the right way 😁
    8/09 - 156.8 Whoop!!
  • imaginemary
    imaginemary Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mary here checking in while on a mini-break from my beautiful but cold coastal city. I am shifting my attention to getting all my food groups and staying hydrated and getting steps. Weighed in at 171 this morning, felt discouraged, decided to make a change and celebrate all the daily required servings of fruit and veg & not focus on Ketosis and IF quite so much. Thank you for encouragement not sure how to properly send that thanks yet will figure it out.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    I'm Darlene. I'm 63. I'm Married, and have one kid (28) and one pup (Monty). I have been working on me since mid January and have lost almost 40 pounds to date.

August Goals
    Lose 4 pounds ⚖️
    Log 175+ Miles on Fitbit 🏃‍♂️ Hit the 1,500 fitbit miles mark towards my 2,023 in 2,023.
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily 💦
    Read daily 📖
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧶 🖍️ 🧩

Highest Weight - 227
    Jan Loss - 9 Pounds
    Feb Loss - 5 pounds
    March Loss - 5 Pounds
    April Loss - 8 Pounds
    May Loss - 5.2 Pounds
    June Loss - 6.4 Pounds
    July Loss - 1.0 Pound
    July Ending Weight - 187.4

Aug 1 - 186.2
    Aug 2 - 186.6
    Aug 3 - 185 The bloat is ending! 😁
    Aug 4 - 184.2 😁 Woo Hoo! I'm back to my low.
    Aug 5 - 183.4 😁
    Aug 6 - 183.2 😁 I probably shouldn't say anything to jinx it, but I have been working really hard so it's nice to see that it has paid off!
    Aug 7 - 183.4
    Aug 8 - 185 My own doing. My sister brought cake to Bingo with Mom night for my birthday (yup turned 63 today) and I ate more than I should. Also rained yesterday and didn't get my steps in. All around not a good day. Today my daughter is taking me out for lunch, but am going to try to stay in check the rest of the day. Hoping for a quick turn around.
    Aug 10 - 184.2 4th Place in Trivia; waitress must have known that I was on a diet - never brought our dinners - just the salad! But - she brought me two beers I didn't order - yes I drank them. HA!

@Buckeyebabe7l7 and @deepwoodslady Absolutely some dancing and singing, and a LOT of laughter. 🤣
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    Aug 10 - 184.2 4th Place in Trivia; waitress must have known that I was on a diet - never brought our dinners - just the salad! But - she brought me two beers I didn't order - yes I drank them. HA!

@Buckeyebabe7l7 and @deepwoodslady Absolutely some dancing and singing, and a LOT of laughter. 🤣

Heck ya, I'd drink them too! 😜 🍻 Cheers on the trivia!!! I'm glad you had a good time on your birthday.😊
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for August:

🏡 Yardwork
    🤿 Swim
    📝 Log consistently
    🐶 Walk and train puppies
    🥗 Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds

🌤️☀️August
    1: 199.6 Moved my daughter back to college today. She starts her RA training tomorrow. So proud of her!
    2: 199.4 Feeling a bit sad. Missing her today. Guess I’ll cut the grass and work in the yard today for a little sun therapy.
    3: 200.4 Boing! Gotta get back to healthier snacking. Taking in carrots to work.
    4: 201.0
    5: 200.7 Must get back into logging food. 🪵
    6: 198.6 Boing, Boing, Boing!
    7: 198.6
    8: 198.6… love the consistency. 🥰 still need to log more.
    9: 199.6
    10: 198.8
    Jill

Enjoy your Thursday!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @ddainiak - oh my goodness, Happy Belated Birthday!! Love everyone's rain pictures!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'4", 46 year-old married female with four kids. There is a lot totally out of my control right now, but I am trying to find ways to manage what I can control...and get ready for the start of a new school year for my kids. I am so grateful for this wonderfully supportive group!

Goals for August:
    Take it one day at a time by logging and checking in daily.
    Daily steps goal: 8K to start

Weight Tracking for August:
    8/01: 184.5?
    8/02: DNW
    8/03: DNW
    8/04: DNW - 8060 steps
    8/05: 181.2 - 5K steps
    8/06: 183 - 5K steps - late night snacks and wine from a get together with our neighbors.
    8/07: 181.9 - 12763 steps - my part-time job is a lot of moving!
    8/08: DNW
    8/09: 184.1
    8/10: 184.1 - Late shifts at my job are leading again to poor eating choices and habits. I am sure the sodium content has a lot to do with this uptick and also not drinking enough water. Also, the band of my gifted Fitbit broke and apparently no stores around me sell a band for it, so I have to face my fears and learn to order online! Lol!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from July 31st): 193.8
    Goal: 189.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

08/01-193.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/02-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.2)-

08/03-196.8-(Trend Weight 195.3)-

08/04-195.4-(Trend Weight 195.3)-

08/05-196.6-(Trend Weight 195.4)-

08/06-197.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)-

08/07-195.8-(Trend Weight 195.6)-

08/08-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)-

08/09-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.6)- Wow! I almost didn’t have time to jump onto MFP today. Oldest daughter over this morning (shame on her for bringing chocolate chunk zucchini bread to go with our coffee from zucchini fresh from her garden). She is not the one that is usually the foodie. She loves to cook though but is always watching her weight like me. Then a contracter came for 3 hours going over all the projects in my house. He’ll be back Friday to start working on some small repairs, tying up some loose ends etc. as he works out quotes for the bigger jobs. Then I had to run out of town (about 60 miles each way) for something he needs Friday. Can’t go tomorrow due to long hair appointment. I’m hoping, still yet, to get on my exercise bike but we’ll see how I feel after my posts. I do need to burn some of the “bad” carbs and calories I ate today. In any case, I will be doing a little strength training tonight.

08/10-195.2-(Trend Weight 195.6)- Scale is up 0.6 lbs but trend weight is stable. The chocolate chunk fresh zucchini bread was delicious but now it’s gone so today should be okay. Hair dresser appointment today for a perm so I can look like I have some sort of fullness to my ever-thinning hair. I got a good phone call from my oncologist. The CT results came up stable meaning the nodule on my lung is not growing or showing behaviors of cancer (still). Yay! Next stop is the mammogram and oncology appointment at the University Hospital at the end of the month for the normal routine breast cancer stuff. Hopefully I’m still in remission.

08/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

08/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Great news! Positive thoughts that everything goes well at the end of the month. 🙏

@BittersweetVita You can do it. Once you buy online you'll never look back. But here's some info if you are only using it to count your steps.
    Keeping tracker in pocket generally gives reasonably accurate step count, sometimes better than on wrist, depending on arm movements. But there is no way it can detect heart rate without being next to skin.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly. This daily group accountability is awesome! I absolutely love this group.

Goals for August:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week
    Hit 100lb weight loss this month

SW:262
    August SW:166
    August GW:155
    UGW:150

August
    1. Walked, logged, 23k+
    2. Walked, logged, 24k+
    3. Walked, logged, 21k+
    4. Walked, logged, 20k+
    5. Logged, rest day, weight 163 😊
    6. Walked, logged, 16k+
    7. Walked, logged, 22k+
    8. Walked, logged, 23k+
    9. Walked, logged, 17k+
    10. Walked, logged, 26k+ (that's a first!)

What a difference a day makes. I changed my diet back yesterday to what I usually eat and I feel so much better today. I hope I feel the same tomorrow because it feels so much better to have energy. 😊
  • iLive2Walk
    edited August 2023
    Options
    As you all know I am in the Hogwarts challenge and love it. I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge the last round. It's a lot less intense than the Hogwarts challenge, but I really liked it too - (so much that I became a co-captain of the Desert Tortoises - YIKES). The next round starts on August 25, and runs 12 weeks. If you are looking for something to keep you motivated, I think it helps a lot. Here's the link to join if you are interested.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894856/registration-for-blc53-fall-round-join-the-registration-team-first#latest
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hello all !

I am 5’3” and my Goal Weight is 55. I have gained a lot over the past couple of years, and have been dealing with a LOT of mental trauma and been seeking refuge in food to be the one good thing in my life. I gained 10kg !

Now I am ready to shed it all, keep my chin up, don’t let life get me down and win back my healthy self.

So I am starting today. Good luck to everyone too !

GW 55 (planning to lose 2kg every month so I can reach this in 5 months from now).

Aug goal weight 63
    Aug 11 64.6
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    I'm Darlene. I'm 63. I'm Married, and have one kid (28) and one pup (Monty). I have been working on me since mid January and have lost almost 40 pounds to date.

August Goals
    Lose 4 pounds ⚖️
    Log 175+ Miles on Fitbit 🏃‍♂️ Hit the 1,500 fitbit miles mark towards my 2,023 in 2,023.
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily 💦
    Read daily 📖
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧶 🖍️ 🧩

Highest Weight - 227
    Jan Loss - 9 Pounds
    Feb Loss - 5 pounds
    March Loss - 5 Pounds
    April Loss - 8 Pounds
    May Loss - 5.2 Pounds
    June Loss - 6.4 Pounds
    July Loss - 1.0 Pound
    July Ending Weight - 187.4

Aug 1 - 186.2
    Aug 2 - 186.6
    Aug 3 - 185 The bloat is ending! 😁
    Aug 4 - 184.2 😁 Woo Hoo! I'm back to my low.
    Aug 5 - 183.4 😁
    Aug 6 - 183.2 😁 I probably shouldn't say anything to jinx it, but I have been working really hard so it's nice to see that it has paid off!
    Aug 7 - 183.4
    Aug 8 - 185 My own doing. My sister brought cake to Bingo with Mom night for my birthday (yup turned 63 today) and I ate more than I should. Also rained yesterday and didn't get my steps in. All around not a good day. Today my daughter is taking me out for lunch, but am going to try to stay in check the rest of the day. Hoping for a quick turn around.
    Aug 11 - 184.2
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    As you all know I am in the Hogwarts challenge and love it. I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge the last round. It's a lot less intense than the Hogwarts challenge, but I really liked it too - (so much that I became a co-captain of the Desert Tortoises - YIKES). The next round starts on August 25, and runs 12 weeks. If you are looking for something to keep you motivated, I think it helps a lot. Here's the link to join if you are interested.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894856/registration-for-blc53-fall-round-join-the-registration-team-first#latest

Well, I tried to follow the instructions this morning at 5am and I think I was too tired because I'm pretty sure I messed it up. I followed the link and instead of putting in "registered" I gave a reason why I wanted to join and then pressed enter....and then I realized what I did wrong. Oh well, maybe next time.