Looking For Accountability

Options
Hello!
I need some motivation to get in my groove. Background - I am a 32 year old male and I’ve always been been overweight since I could remember. In college (around 2010) I started really focusing on getting in shape, discovered this app, and lost about 45lbs…fast forward a few years, life happens and I gain it back and then some. Lost about 30 during quarantine and have since found about 10-15 again…I’m just struggling finding my groove again and am hoping by creating this space for others to share their workouts and stuff and me sharing mine will help me get out of this slump I’ve been in…

My Goals:
Ultimately I would like to lose about 90-100 lbs long term.
1st goal: losing my first 20 lbs within the next month or two and getting into a consistent workout routine again.

I’ll share my progress here as often as possible (hopefully daily, but at least several times a week). WE’VE GOT THIS!

Replies

• sn2ess
    sn2ess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Friday 8/4/2023 workout:
    Running Workout on the treadmill: about 27 mins.
    Stationary Bike: 20 mins.

Diet was ok today, but still could use some work.
  • dldew9188
    dldew9188 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position, well older. :) Male, 57. I want to lose 60 pounds and was on a good track and lost 15 pounds. Tore my rotator cuff, had surgery and traveled with work and gained it back. Got the sling off last Tuesday, so getting started back this weekend. As you said, we got this!
  • sn2ess
    Options
    Today’s Workout:
    About a 30 minute running workout on the treadmill

Diet continues to be my weaker area but hopefully will be able to get on track this week.
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You got this dude! I'd like to suggest you do some strength training too, otherwise half your weight loss will be muscle mass.

I recently restarted again as well. Looking to lose 60 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • sn2ess
    Options
    coderdan82 wrote: »
    You got this dude! I'd like to suggest you do some strength training too, otherwise half your weight loss will be muscle mass.

I recently restarted again as well. Looking to lose 60 lbs. Feel free to add me.

Yes, weight training should start Monday if everything goes as planned 👍🏻
  • sn2ess
    Options
    Today I went for a nice long hike (just shy of 12 miles) for my workout…been also running a few days a week…hopefully I’ll be able to get into a routine next week and start incorporating more activities (strength training, biking, maybe some calisthenics)