What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV moment after a frustrating scale victory yesterday. I had eaten very healthy last week and the scale didn’t move. I had eaten at a restaurant and gotten a meal (and eaten the leftovers) that was high in veggies and lean protein but I figured that the sodium in the sauce would stall my efforts to lose for a few days. It did. Sunday started well with a long walk but then most of my movements were to get snacks. On Monday morning, after eating poorly I lost 3 lbs. My immediate response was “Now you drop?” However, I was rather quickly able to tell myself to trust the process of eating healthy. I know what will help me accomplish my health goals long term.

I presume you're logging your food accurately and staying in deficit. Eating foods that are high in nutrition are one leg of the stool for good health. Eating fewer calories than you expend is the primary way to get the scale to move. If you eat lots of vegetables and lean protein but eat more than you expend, your scale won't show a lower number.

I've had a few confusing days lately too, but today was an unusual scale drop. It will probably bounce back tomorrow, but even if it does, the trend is still downwards very slowly as I'm about to my goal.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    @waxingturtle (and anyone else looking for a community) come check out The Ultimate Accountability Challenge. A group that focuses on friendly mutual support & a commitment to just three achievable daily goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!