Protein shakes

Options
I love berries, and whey protein, what are some easy protein shakes for the morning(not much for adding peanut butter to them though)
Tagged:

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I love berries, peaches, bananas, with whey powder, cottage cheese or yogurt. Add vanilla for sweetness, cinnamon for sweet, flavor and health. Ice cause it's so hot!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    10-12 oz milk, 1-1.5 scoops of whey, and like 3 servings of frozen berries/cherries and it comes out like ice cream from a blender. You don't get a watery taste with the berries as the ice.

I use 2% milk, ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream whey fwiw. Blueberries and strawberries in particular come out tasting great. Frozen bananas also go well with the vanilla.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Lots of smoothie recipes here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10728122/looking-for-smoothie-friends

I liked my version of the Gingerbread Cookie Shake, which I posted on that thread.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,483 Member
    Options
    1/2 a Core Power drink, 1/2 serving cottage cheese, 1/c skim milk, supplement with Skinny syrup if you need it sweeter.

Top up with ice to the fill line in a nutribullet and have at it.

From memory, 170 calories and 27gr protein. Extremely filling.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Unflavored Greek yogurt is pretty high in protein even without the whey. I add 1 ounce of leafy greens and maybe three ounces of whatever fruit I have on hand. My favorite Jordan's Skinny Syrup to add is Unicorn Dreams because it's just sweet, like sugar syrup sweet, but no calories per serving, and it encourages me to think that I start my day with unicorn dreams! I add a bit of milk or liquid whey if it won't blend nicely, and enough water to rinse out my container because if I count a calorie I want to be sure I get to eat that calorie.

But today I wanted to use up half an avocado, then added spring mix and some Greek yogurt I had already sweetened. It was fine but flat and needed a bit of acid, so I drizzled in some balsamic vinegar and a dash of hot sauce and finally a splash of key lime juice. It was like drinking healthy salad dressing.