using on and off since July,need friends to help!!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I have been using MFP on and off for about 2 months. I have lost 7 kg's which is around 15.5 pounds. The frustrating thing is I know that I could have lost more if I stick with MFP , I know what I have to do but sometimes I just cant help but to give into temptation, my will is not strong enough. The one thing I have not had alot of is support,partly because I am embarrassed to talk about this to start with, but I think it will be different because we all have the same goals.

Good luck to all!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Only you can do it. We can be here to talk but you need to log on everyday and stay within your goals. Make your health your hobby.
    Educate yourself on healthy options and think before you reach.
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't lose faith in your ability. Everyone needs a boost now and again from like minded people and you'll get no end of that here. Good luck and stick with it. :smile:
  • Vixster71
    Options
    You can definitely do it! Will support you any way I can :)
  • gloryrest
    gloryrest Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like that advise!
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey Steve! Your WILL is like a muscle...the more you use it the stronger it gets!!! :flowerforyou:
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, i know how you feel, i struggle with keeping up my good intentions too and need all the support i can get! I find it difficult when people at work offer me cakes or biscuits and i try to be good by saying no thanks, but then get told "it wont hurt just this once", the thing is, if you accepted a cake every time someone offered it, it wouldn't be just one! So i would be happy to offer you support with your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me if you wish and we can help each other :happy:
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey Steve! Your WILL is like a muscle...the more you use it the stronger it gets!!! :flowerforyou:

The truth if I never heard it!!!!

Yes just keep on going I hit a plain for 2 months with no weight loss then the weight just started coming off keep it up!!!
  • Julianacaceres
    Options
    Im the same as you, which i love about mfp, seeing people like me that give in tontemptation every once in a while. Makes me feel a bit better, we all do it , we all get up and keep going, lets do this man!
    You can do this!!
  • Sunflower729
    Options
    Hi Steve, I just joined yesterday and wish you the best of luck. I am hoping that the support on here will help me through the more difficult times. Stay strong and take care!
  • janetruppert
    Options
    It's all in the mind set. I waited till I was 56 to do this and now I'm more than motivated and know for the first time in my life that I WILL do it! The more I lose, the more determination I get. MFP has been a life saver for me. It keeps me accountable, and keeps me on the right track, along with some great people that keep me going when I need a bit of cheering on. You alone can make the choice to do it, but we're here to help you if you'll let us. Feel free to add me, an old grandma of 17. I'm actually having fun finding ways of cutting back the calories and finding little tricks to keep the pounds coming off! It's not easy, and for me, it's going to be a life long change, not just a "diet". I've got a long way to go to be a normal weight...about another hundred pounds at least, but eventually I'll get there. I'm now walking again and not taking the little carts in the stores. I'm walking up and down stairs like a normal person. I can get up and down off the floor without having to crawl over to a bed or chair and literally "dragging" myself up. I can take my dogs out in the yard and play with them, etc and it feels wonderful!!! Think how I'll feel in another 50 pounds!!! :happy: Come on, you've got a ton of friends here on MFP, use us and let us all help you!!!
    Janet
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve, don't beat yourself up over little slips here and there we all do it heck i do it. I use to hide and go on week long binges but can honestly say that since last Monday i haven't slipped once, that doesn't mean that i wont but its been easier just by visiting mfp everyday.

I'm setting small weekly goals for myself. I log on everyday several times if i can, workout everyday some days i do a double one in the morning one in the evening and one day a week i go on a long run get the extra calories from that and eat whatever i want as long as i stay within my calories. and i enjoy it without feeling guilty or embarrassed.

add me as a friend if you like we can all use the support....Good luck you can do it!!
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve! Thanks for asking to by mfp pal :smile: Have faith! I know what its like to be embarrassed, I've definitely been there and sometimes I still get super incomfortable when weight is talked about. I think its so admirable that you are putting yourself out there. Its definitley inspired me today!

Lets share our strength and triumph! :flowerforyou:
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi Steve,

I think you will find that the people here are really nice and helpful as you can see from your thread. Keep logging in and and you will find that it gets really easy to stay on track. I had been using the MFP phone app on and off since last year but failed to make any progress until I started using the website as well and talking to people. At the beginning of September I weighed 385lbs. I am now down to 363lbs and have successfully logged into MFP everyday since I started on the website. You can reach your goals and we are here to help. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You didn't get to where you are overnight and you can't get to where you want to be overnight. It will take small steps and hard work but it is worth it. Feel free to add me to your friend's list if you would like. That goes for anybody else as well.