calling all 5'4" 140-150 pound ladies who lost weight!

Options

Replies

• sandels7
    sandels7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 148. I'm currently committing to lose weight and increasing my overall health and vitality by doing a 34 day challenge (on day 4). The challenge involves:
    - Eating between 1200-1500 calories every day.
    - Exercising for at least 45 minutes a day with at least one other person. My preference is a class at the gym, ie. Yoga, step, aquafit, spin, etc., or I'll grab a friend and go for a walk or a hike.
    - Diet involves the following: no sugar (berries, watermelon, Granny Smith apples ok); no gluten; limited grains (brown rice, buckwheat, amaranth ok); no dairy; no soy; no corn; add more healthy oils and fats, a clove of garlic daily first thing in the morning with water, 30-35 grams of fiber, increase protein, and lots of water (10 or more glasses), and take my supplements regularly (a whole other topic).

I weigh myself each morning and I have found that I am losing weight every single day. Some people say not to weigh everyday, but it works for me as it keeps me in check and motivates me to my goal.

What is my goal, you may ask? It's to be fit, strong, healthy and to carry less weight because it feels good.
  • sandels7
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 148. I'm currently committing to lose weight and increasing my overall health and vitality by doing a 34 day challenge (on day 4). The challenge involves:
    - Exercising for at least 45 minutes a day with at least one other person. My preference is a class at the gym, ie. Yoga, step, aquafit, spin, etc., or I'll grab a friend and go for a walk or a hike.
    - Diet involves the following: no sugar (berries, watermelon, Granny Smith apples ok); no gluten; limited grains (brown rice, buckwheat, amaranth ok); no dairy; no soy; no corn; add more healthy oils and fats, a clove of garlic daily first thing in the morning with water, 30-35 grams of fiber, increase protein, and lots of water (10 or more glasses), and take my supplements regularly (a whole other topic).

I weigh myself each morning and I have found that I am losing weight every single day. Some people say not to weigh everyday, but it works for me as it keeps me in check and motivates me to my goal.

What is my goal, you may ask? It's to be fit, strong, healthy and to carry less weight because it feels good.
  • sandels7
    Options
    My short term goal by the way is 138. Will reassess once I get closer to it. Ultimately I am going for 116-123 lbs (where I used to be for many years a number of years ago)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3" and 5'4" and weighed 145 at my heaviest. I got down to 130-135 in my 20s, mainly from exercise. Then when I was diagnosed with a hypothyroid problem and got medication, I slowly lost another 10-15 pounds. For me, consistent exercise and dealing with stress, are the main things. I can easily slide into emotional eating; daily exercise and dealing with anything that bothers me helps divert me away from that.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to maintain between 125-130 and after the babies, it was more 133-137. It's not much, but I don't like it on me. My daughter turns 2 in September and in the meantime, I've been able to drop to 127 shortly once. Then slowly got up to 139 and decided to come back on MFP to help me out. I'm now down to 134 and food intake is THE key. I workout regularly (well, now I have an injured ankle so it's only easy mat exercises for now).. I'd like to go between 120-125, ideally.
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and in the same height/weight range as most people here. I am 5'6". I was 154 when I weighed myself a couple hours ago. About a month ago I was at about 159. I was at my highest just before that. I was not weighing myself regularly but mid day, I was just over 160. Although I would love to get to 135, I would be happy to just be under 145. I haven't been under 145 in a long time, but I did make it down to about 148 for my wedding a couple years ago. During the week my weight has been fluctuating between 154 and 156 for the past few weeks.

I have been recovering from surgery the last two months and have mainly just been walking and watching my calories. Now I am cleared to start easing into a workout routine, but I'm starting to have motivation issues.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" I started out at 218.6 and got down to 118. Then I started putting a bit of muscle on to fill in some of the loose skin now I am 123 ish. Losing weight was painful, I went hardcore to get it over with and dropped those 100lbs in about 9 months. I thought it would be more of a struggle to keep it off but I have kinda stumbled across a balancing act that works for me. I can still eat out with the hubby on date night every other week, and still make new recipes and bake cookies and pies and other deserts like I love to. Sept will mark 3yrs maintaining between 118-123.
    IMG_4256_zps3eff8fd8.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg
  • sandels7
    Options
    Key is consistency and getting back on plan as soon as possible whenever one strays. MFP really helps!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my normal weight used to be around 150, probably 154 or so at my highest, size 10(tight). I'm down to 112-115 size 0. I did it with mfp, watching calories and working out daily, cardio and strength.
  • sandels7
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" I started out at 218.6 and got down to 118. Then I started putting a bit of muscle on to fill in some of the loose skin now I am 123 ish. Losing weight was painful, I went hardcore to get it over with and dropped those 100lbs in about 9 months. I thought it would be more of a struggle to keep it off but I have kinda stumbled across a balancing act that works for me. I can still eat out with the hubby on date night every other week, and still make new recipes and bake cookies and pies and other deserts like I love to. Sept will mark 3yrs maintaining between 118-123.
    IMG_4256_zps3eff8fd8.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg

How did you do it? Was it MFP? What calorie range? Any specific exercises?
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5ft5 girl mum of 3 I'm just in maintenance at 128.5lb I was stuck at 145-150 for ages. What worked for me was accurate logging and drinking more water and I did 30 day shred. Not sure which worked if all 3 combined but accurate weighing and measuring food definitely helped.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Would like to add I did mine at 0.5lb loss a week I ate sensibly but love my snacks I allow treats if they fit.
  • mxrsbxr23
    mxrsbxr23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm 5'4.5" and 17 and my highest weight was 210. this was back in March 2012. ive always dreaaaaammmed of being around 130. Right now im about 138 and im hopefully going to reach my goal by my birthday i mostly diet but try to sneak in work outs 3x a week 2012 profile vs a few days ago zn91keobr43d.jpg
    wy24sq8o6qmz.jpg
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    Well done ladies! Thank you for the motivation and success stories! :)
  • willpolen9872
    willpolen9872 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5’5” and around 100-110 but I am desperate for ways to convince her to work up to 140 - 150, I just wish I could find a way to get it across. 😢
  • lucindrapeach
    lucindrapeach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread! I have been struggling with getting below 140 since November of last year. I finally made it to 137 as of two days ago! Not easy! I walked like crazy and kept my calories under 1200 the best I could with the exception of a few days eating out here and there. I also drink atleast 8 8oz glasses of water a day.

All I can say is do NOT give up! Never Give up! I'm maintaining a 60-55 lb loss for five years and every year is a little harder. I pray a lot too. lol

I have before/after pics in my profile. Good Luck MFP friends, the journey is always more pleasant with like-minded people by your side. Insert heart.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,869 Member
    Options
    sandels7 wrote: »

@sandels7 Please tell me about the benefits of the clove of garlic in the morning. Have never heard of this.
  • everydaysteps
    everydaysteps Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @sandels7 Please tell me about the benefits of the clove of garlic in the morning. Have never heard of this. [/quote]

When I wanted to do it, it was for allergies. But, it will keep away people at an alarming rate :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!