Breakfast options for non-breakfast food people!

Options
I know I can't be alone. I absolutely HATE the word breakfast because to me that means...Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, etc. I'm just not a fan unless I'm in the mood and even then I can't hardly stomach the stuff. :laugh:

I'd much rather eat a turkey sandwich or something on those lines. I know breakfast is important so I don't want to skip it but I also don't want to choke down a shake filled with powder that tastes like chalk, or scramble eggs and choke them down. Ok I know you get the point.

My question is for those that eat breakfast but don't like the typical eggs, etc. what do you eat? I need some on-the-go options or something I can put together at my desk because I don't eat until 9am or so.

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    leftover pizza
    PBJ sandwich
    Yogurt & granola bar or muffin

And who says you can't have a turkey sandwich for breakfast??
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you would prefer a turkey sandwich, why not have it? Eat the things you enjoy for meals, not the ones other people decided are for that meal. I have been known to give my kids air popped pop corn mixed with almonds and dry fruit for breakfast - heck of a lot better than most cereals!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Im with you, wating for ideas!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't you just eat a turkey sandwish, if that's what you like? Nobody says you can't eat "non-breakfast" food for breakfast, or "breakfast food" for non-breakfast.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am with you there!!! So I have (at my desk) the Emerald Cocoa Roast Dark Chocolate Almonds and Nature Valley Oats 'n Dark Chocolate crunchy granola bars, or I may pack some grapes as i did this morning. Hope these ideas help. Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well nobody said I couldn't eat a turkey sandwich and my family has become accustomed to me eating whatever they aren't for breakfast I just need some new ideas. :laugh:
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    leftovers from dinner the night before, brown rice, chicken breast lunch slices, frozen fruit, etc

I've always been this way too. For years all I would eat for breakfast was sweet tea and a dill pickle.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's dinner will always be my favorite breakfast food! Why not? Yes, breakfast is important, but it needs to be healthy food for your body, not necessarily eggs or cereal or oatmeal.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods but:

Greek yogurt with granola and honey. Amazing.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast.
  • roxannem
    Options
    I agree i work at a preschool were we eat with the children for breakfast and lunch so it is eggs, eggs and more eggs with sausage and potatoes sometimes. (which i love) i need a food to get me through not over eating at breakfast time :) Roxanne
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    anything that isn't breakfast is okay for breakfast =)
  • roxannem
    Options
    Wow congratualtions on your amazing weight loss, i have been struggling for years just to get to the first five pounds good job :flowerforyou: Roxanne
  • winstonh
    Options
    I hated breakfast for a long time until I quit smoking and drinking coffee and getting excersise! But I put some granola, fresh fruit (blueberries, frozen berries) and a yogurt together in a container and eat that at my desk.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    While I love eggs, and other breakfast type foods I do love non-traditional food as well..
    Burgers - I usually make it in the evening and than just warm it up and eat it with out a bun.
    Chicken
    steak
    pork chops

really any left over makes a great breakfast. If you want to eat a turkey sandwich - eat a turkey sandwich, as long as you are eating I don't think you have to eat a specific type of food.
  • rxme
    rxme Posts: 4
    Options
    I like on the go breakfast of a smoothie. My personal favorite is a bannan peanutbutter smoothie. It has protein, Calcium, and low fat. You should give it a go!

1/2 cup vanilla low fat yougart
    3 tbs powdered milk
    1 bannna
    1/2 cup BP
    1 cup of ice

enjoy
  • juliebaer
    Options
    I usually do eat a turket sandwich for breakfast. Lately to cut calories though I have rolled up a piece of cheese in a couple slices of turkey and skipped the bread. I found that by cutting the bread out I can eat more turkey and cheese if I'm still hungry. Has worked great for me.
  • jamiekwright
    Options
    I make my own baggies of 'trail mix' for the morning commute - with cheerios, special k protein plus, dried cranberries, a little granola and sometimes some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also, I put some frozed blueberries/rasberries in a container and spoon some plain greek yogurt on top with some granola for when I get to work... it's high in protein and low calorie if you don't use much granola.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you want for breakfast! Have that turkey sandwich! If you don't eat breakfast you're slowing your metabolism down.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What is the problem? Eat whatever you want. It is the calorie count that I watch. I always get my protien in. My favorite breakfast meals are:

cottage cheese and sliced tomoato
    vegetarian chile
    salmon burgers
    navy bean soup