2023 active members comment HERE!

Options
HELLO to my fellow fit warrior friends! I noticed many of the community posts were very old and the new comments were being hidden in the last pages. So I wanted to create a new post where all the current active members could unite and meet!

I have used MFP before and it really has helped me in the past to lose weight by keeping track of all the details of my food choices and I love how the new and improved app has workout routine suggestions and recipes to discover.

In my personal journey, I’ve gained 30 lbs since 2020 and I am ready to get back on track. Who is with me?? I know support on this journey is essential to success. Quitting is so easy when no one knows. So let’s be friends and depend on one another for encouragement and for real honest discussions on our personal challenges and daily struggles and especially to celebrate one another on meeting goals (big or small)!!!

So drop a line. Add me as your friend and let’s be the best version of ourselves every single day! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Replies

• sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Howdy
  • StephMarie21404
    StephMarie21404 Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    We got this! 🎉
    Would love some new like minded friends as well
  • Jongatward
    Jongatward Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am Jonathon and I want to stay fit and the correct weight
  • her904shake
    her904shake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for commenting and good morning ☀️😃! What do y’all find most important in losing weight: calories, carb/protein, or exercise? I guess for me counting calories makes me feel in control of something. Getting in all the protein can be a challenge (in a good way) but exercise is hit and miss for me right now. Some days I feel like the work out and some days I just feel like taking a nap!! I’d love to see how y’all feel or what y’all know about the key to weight loss is…
  • StephMarie21404
    StephMarie21404 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to eat proteins when I’m feeling really hungry. This girl had a bad habit of downing a whole box of little Debbie snacks in one day bc I can never feel full🙈 I just scramble up a couple eggs and I feel full for hours now!
  • Alcastive
    Alcastive Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been a member of MFP for quite some time now and have regularly been using it. Although new to this community, I am excited to be a part of it! My goal is to maintain a fit body and a healthy lifestyle. I engage in daily exercise activities and ensure that I burn more calories than I consume.
    Over the past 6 months, I have lost approximately 15kg.
  • froggie_2010
    froggie_2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi from Ireland all :) I lost 16 pounds last year from March 2022 to January 2023 but just maintaining since May. Can't seem to lose anymore. I've joined to keep control of my calorie intake and get support with binging when things go wrong, or I'm stressed. I have mobility issues and panic/anxiety attacks, so exercise is hard for me, so dieting is the only way I have managed to lose what I have. I'm 60 this year and what to lose 20 pounds. A pound a week is fine by me. Looking forward to chatting!
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I am going to rank tracking calories and protein intake as equally important for me. I would overeat unintentionally without knowing my overall calories and find it a lot harder to eat at a deficit without the protein.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thank you for commenting and good morning ☀️😃! What do y’all find most important in losing weight: calories, carb/protein, or exercise? I guess for me counting calories makes me feel in control of something. Getting in all the protein can be a challenge (in a good way) but exercise is hit and miss for me right now. Some days I feel like the work out and some days I just feel like taking a nap!! I’d love to see how y’all feel or what y’all know about the key to weight loss is…

i've lost 98 pounds overall, but this last few is a bit more challenging. i knew that going in, so i'm not giving up.

calories are what counts when losing weight, but since i work out and don't want to lose muscle while eating at a deficit, protein is quite important, also. i use protein powders (syntrax, muscle feast), greek yogurt and tempeh for main protein sources (yep, i'm vegetarian), and i've also been known to eat quest bars, add nonfat milk to stuff and there's always cheese and cottage cheese...

btw, i LOVE working out, but i'm working around injuries, so i can't usually go as hard and as long as i'd like.
  • the_trail_is_my_happy_place
    Options
    Hiiii! I am looking for accountability. Maybe a group where I can post my daily food tracking? Do you guys know if there is something like this? I’m new to the community! Friend me if you want an accountability buddy!
  • the_trail_is_my_happy_place
    Options
    Does anyone know how to add friends or if there is a group I can join for accountability? Or both? :)
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm with you! Shamefully I have gained 100 pounds since 2017. And I put those pounds on quick...by 2020 I was over 300 pounds and stayed there until last month I started making a change.

I'm not just dieting but changing my life. I've dropped 42 pounds in 40 days and I'm really hitting my Stride. I feel amazing.

Let's keep it going together !
  • MurphmomSparkles
    Options
    @cdennis9154 So awesome! 💪
  • _Grafter
    _Grafter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in, active every day and always welcome new friends to share this journey! (I’m UK based)
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @cdennis9154 So awesome! 💪

Thank you ! I'm putting my best foot forward. Where are you in your journey ?
  • schelyne
    schelyne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Trying to get back on track and I'd love to have some active friends to keep each other motivated. If you're a bariatric surgery patient, I'd be especially interested. Just hit my 9 month mark and I've only lost 20 lbs :( Trying some new techniques my dr and dietician recommended so happy to share to anyone who is frustrated about losing
  • MurphmomSparkles
    Options
    @cdennis9154
    I am near the beginning. Making steady progress and am in my second month of consistent loss. Haven't skipped a day of tracking and trying to hit my protein goal-- that is making a huge difference in my satiety! I feel like this is doable.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 927 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hiiii! I am looking for accountability. Maybe a group where I can post my daily food tracking? Do you guys know if there is something like this? I’m new to the community! Friend me if you want an accountability buddy!

@the_trail_is_my_happy_place - you may like the group - “show me what your meals look like”.. it’s active and under the category “Recipes” I find a lot of repeat posters there. 👋
  • Fullhouserealty
    Fullhouserealty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just now getting started. I already workout a good amount but I have had problems slimming my midsection down. I assume it has to be my food intake, possibly my binge drinking from time to time or my love for ice cream 🤷🏻‍♂️. Owning a bar/restaurant probably doesn’t help 🤦🏽‍♂️. Looking forward to figuring this puzzle out and being able to see my abs once again. Anyone else that’s on a similar journey feel free to add me. Let’s support and encourage each others goals.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello! Same story here, I have been with MFP for so long I just got my ancient member badge…haha! Gained 20+pounds since 2020. Trying to find some new friends who are active and moving towards change. Add me !!