New to the community

Options
Hi. My name is Nicole and I am new to this app. I have just recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and my goal is to lose around 100 lbs. I have the knowledge, I just need as much support and accountability as I can get.

Replies

• Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole, welcome to MFP. I sent you a friend request.
    They recently made updates to the community section which has made it harder for people to send friend requests, so hopefully that gets fixed soon !

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Fortunately, Diabetes can be managed quite effectively through weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes and you're already on the right track! My mother was recently told she's pre-diabetic, and my fathers had diabetes my whole life -- so I need to shred some pounds so I don't find myself in the same position.

I've been trying to post daily. Also looking for support :) so maybe we can support eachother.

Take care !
  • JenLosesIt
    JenLosesIt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’ll send you a request :)
  • ladycass78
    ladycass78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will send a request
  • ginadacat
    ginadacat Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole. My last dr visit 2 weeks ago I was told I was on my way to being a type 2 diabetic, so here I am again trying not to let that happen. So far I’ve lost 8 pounds, which it seems I always lose around 5 pounds that first week I go on a diet. I’ve been inspired by just reading posts about other’s accomplishments on here. The one thing my dr told me is if I try to lose weight fast, I won’t be able to maintain that weight loss, so I’m going for 1-2 pounds a week. I’m on a 1200 calorie, 150 carbs a day plan. My 1st goal was to get under 200 pounds. I hit that this morning. My next goal is to get to 175. This is definitely the place to be to get support and accountability. We can do this together!
  • ladycass78
    ladycass78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole, welcome to MFP. I sent you a friend request.
    They recently made updates to the community section which has made it harder for people to send friend requests, so hopefully that gets fixed soon !

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Fortunately, Diabetes can be managed quite effectively through weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes and you're already on the right track! My mother was recently told she's pre-diabetic, and my fathers had diabetes my whole life -- so I need to shred some pounds so I don't find myself in the same position.

I've been trying to post daily. Also looking for support :) so maybe we can support eachother.

Take care !

How do you send friend request now...I can't figure it out