Egg Diet.

Options
I want to do the egg diet. Have any of you tried it and if so what where your results and how did you maintain?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,538 Member
    Options
    Why?!? The smells, oh the smells!!

If you want to lose weight then just eat less and track your intake carefully. No need to torture yourself and those around you, really.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Not sure what that means. It appears to be a diet where you have eggs in at least 1 meal of the day, with restrictions which depend on who the cheerleaders are like low carb or vegetarian, but it looks like they all want to include eggs in their diet lol. I eat eggs a lot, probably around 2 dozen a week, eggs are hard to beat for nutrition.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Generally any diet with a name attached to it is going to be a recipe for failure at some point, Especially one that dictate eating only one type of food.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are talking about but I eat plenty of eggs and it's fine....?
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    Not sure what that means. It appears to be a diet where you have eggs in at least 1 meal of the day, with restrictions which depend on who the cheerleaders are like low carb or vegetarian, but it looks like they all want to include eggs in their diet lol. I eat eggs a lot, probably around 2 dozen a week, eggs are hard to beat for nutrition.

X10
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,130 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating lots of eggs. We had chickens. I liked them. There came a time when I was very broke and eggs were cheap, so I ate a lot. I got gassy, constipated, uncomfortable. I suggest you start slowly and see how it goes.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I don't know what the egg diet is but it reminds me of the "cabbage soup diet" in the early 80's that my aunt and cousins did. That was a very low calorie diet consisting of bowls of cabbage soup which caused them to cut 5 or so pounds of water weight in a week which came right back the next week after the soup was sent back to the cabbage patch.

I love cabbage and could eat tons of it. But I never wanted to try that diet with my aunt and cousins because I didn't like the idea of only eating cabbage soup for a week. I knew it was unsustainable, even though back then I didn't realize I knew that. Back then I just though it sounded like a bad idea.

Hopefully the egg diet isn't like that. But if it's very low calorie and if it's too limiting, as in just eating eggs, I wouldn't be interested because that sounds like it's not sustainable and I'd fear that any weight lost will likely be water and come right back once the egg diet is discontinued.

If it's including eggs as part of a nutritious eating plan, that's a different situation. I love eggs and eat them every day along with a lot of other things. I've lost over 40 pounds since April, eating eggs every day. I've gained weight in the past, eating eggs every day, too. Portion sizes and keeping in daily calorie goals are key for me.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you want to do it? Is it because you like eggs? Or is it supposed to be good for you? Rapid weight loss?

Just curious what goals you have and hope to achieve with this diet.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,831 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you want to do it? Is it because you like eggs? Or is it supposed to be good for you? Rapid weight loss?

Just curious what goals you have and hope to achieve with this diet.

Those would be my questions. Also, which egg diet? There seem to be lots of them.

I eat a few eggs, not many. I lost weight fine, obese to healthy weight in less than a year, and I maintain the same way I lost, but with slightly more calories available. I did this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It worked fine, but it's 100% not the egg diet.

Best wishes for success, whatever route you go!
  • JaquelinePhi
    JaquelinePhi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look for a book called "Crack the Fat Code" the egg diet or rather the boost you want from it is in here and she explains everything. Also look up a book called "Carb Cycling for Beginners by Andy Weller. It will all come together when you read these.
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    Look for a book called "Crack the Fat Code" the egg diet or rather the boost you want from it is in here and she explains everything. Also look up a book called "Carb Cycling for Beginners by Andy Weller. It will all come together when you read these.

Just pursue a consistent weekly calorie deficit. Carb cycling or concentrating on a certain food to avoid “starvation mode” is just complicating a very simple undertaking with simple not necessarily meaning easy

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/boiled-egg-diet/

"...The truth is that this fad diet will not lead to long-term changes that improve your health.

"...How Does the Boiled-Egg Diet Work?

There are several versions of the boiled-egg diet. We’ll dive into the options below, but the typical version is similar to low-carb Atkins, writes Arielle Chandler in The Boiled Egg Diet. A day's meals generally look like this:

Breakfast At least two eggs and one piece of fruit (low-carb vegetable or protein optional)

Lunch Eggs or lean protein and low-carb vegetables

Dinner Eggs or lean protein and low-carb vegetables
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    WHERE ARE THE EGGS PUNS???

Omeletting this slide for now but let's hatch a plan.

Are you making yolks about this serious topic? I predict that won't go over easy here, but some of us may crack up.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    its an eggciting thread

eggscuse our hijacks.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I hope OP isn't put off by the commentary here. Joking aside, the thing is OP, those of us who have been here long enough know it's all about a sustainable lifestyle change, not a specific "diet" of any kind which is likely to be temporary in nature.

Sure, have more eggs, they're a good source of protein and not too many calories. You don't need an "egg diet" though. I doubt you'd stay on that for the rest of your life.

There are plenty of ways to make substitutions to reduce calories, and track your calories and manage portion control, add in some exercise too. If you're just starting, simply looking at what you currently take in and making some simple changes can easily be enough to reduce by hundreds of calories each day. Do that consistently, profit.