What did you eat today, and what did you learn from your food log?

Options
2»

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Options
    I had A LOT of watermelon today.
    I learned
    A LOT of watermelon doesn't have a lot of calories. (220)
    A LOT of watermelon does have a lot of sugar (55 grams, my limit is 50/day)
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Drove for five hours for a holiday. Had 2 snacks crackers and chocolate. Had mug muffin for breakfast and a chicken sandwich for lunch. Had veges and a keto casserole for dinner and had seconds. Unsure of calories. Still very hungry! This week should be interesting, hopefully I'll still lose weight.

This was dinner:
    r2q7j5m0932d.jpg
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yesterday’s meals:
    Breakfast: fresh fruit (nectarine, cherries, blueberries) with 0% plain Greek yogurt
    Lunch: roast beef sandwich on pezzetta roll with part-skim mozzarella, sliced red onion, and horseradish
    Dinner: 1 1/2 beef enchiladas (with refried beans and black beans in the recipe)
    Snacks: a few salted, roasted cashews and a half-square of 70% dark chocolate

What I learned: I went over my daily calories (1200) by 78. Dinner was a problem: it’s a tasty recipe but takes too long to prepare and uses too many dishes. I need a simpler, lower calorie recipe with lower calorie cheese and tortillas so I can eat more (recipe is 410 per enchilada). I can use chicken instead of beef, which I prefer anyway. I was so tired after cooking that I forgot to add a side vegetable to the meal! Tonight it will be peas or Brussels sprouts.

To the OP, if.you don’t mind some feedback: I see a lot of snacks in your log instead of actual meals, and not much in the way of lean proteins, fruit, or vegetables. Your eating habits are a lot like mine were before I started cooking more for myself. Now I have a small repertoire of delicious recipes that aren’t too complicated or time-consuming, and it makes a big difference, especially having leftovers in the freezer. Even taking the time to make a tasty tuna salad with chopped onion, sweet gherkins, hard boiled egg, and half-fat mayo, and eating it with some cherry tomatoes and avocado, is so much more satisfying than just eating plain tuna from a can (my old way). I do always have some boxes of Annie’s shells and cheddar on hand for when I don’t have a meal available or need something really simple, but even with that I always try to have a green vegetable on the side.

• mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Had a salad with some leftover grilled top sirloin, portobello mushrooms, long in the tooth avocado and bell peppers. Half a limes juice over avocado which created a nice creamy sauce with some good fats..

t1rccrl52yew.jpeg

yfaho92m4ir5.jpeg

w0sq85wmkwyf.jpeg

Pretty even #s on the 3 major front..

• ishtiaqahmed9834
    ishtiaqahmed9834 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to post screenshots or pics of your meals! and leave feedback for other users so they can make better decisions/spend less calories!

Breakfast- 2 wine biscuits
    2 flour wraps with chicken thigh, burrito mix, tinned tomatoes and various veges
    Lunch- 1 wine biscuit
    Mug muffin- cinnamon, vanilla extract, oats, egg, banana, date
    Afternoon tea- hot chocolate with jarrah and sugar
    Popcorn with balsamic vinegar
    Dinner- 2 pieces toast with marmite and butter
    Cup of tea
    2 apples
    Small bit of mince with veges and olive oil
    After dinner- Strawberry jelly
    Toasted sandwich with marmite and tomato
    Cup of tea

Total calories: 2782

What I learnt from today:
    -Measure all foods to have more control over calories. There is a high number for chicken thigh because I didn't know how much it weighed.
    -I had a lot of wine biscuits, I probably should have just had one with my evening pills
    -Should have just had one flour wrap, and weighed it. Would have been more enjoyable if the fillings had been heated and if I had sprinkled some cheese on it, instead of having two wraps
    -The mug muffin is high in calories and should just be a treat. It is only worth having if I put three or more dates in and tastes much better with salt.
    -Should probably weigh my eggs
    -Maybe consider watering down my teas/coffees
    -Try stevia with hot chocolate instead of white sugar and experiment with less jarrah until you reach a minimum amount that you are happy with.

Not really sure how I could have made today better, have been so hungry! I should have done some exercise so I could have eaten more but it was raining and I didn't feel like doing anything inside. It looks like it will be sunny the rest of the week.

Hey everyone, Ahmad here! 🙋‍♂️

So, here's a snapshot of my meals today and the calorie count - and let me tell ya, it was a day of indulgence! 🍽️

Breakfast:

2 wine biscuits
    Chicken thigh wraps (2 flour wraps with burrito mix, tinned tomatoes, and a load of veggies)
    Lunch:

A single wine biscuit (it's an obsession!)
    Mug muffin delight: Loaded with cinnamon, vanilla, oats, an egg, a banana, and a date (yup, just one)
    Afternoon snack:

Hot chocolate with a touch of jarrah and sugar
    Popcorn (tried a new combo with balsamic vinegar – quite interesting!)
    Dinner:

2 toasts, generously spread with marmite and butter
    A calming cup of tea
    2 juicy apples 🍎🍎
    A small serving of mince paired with some veggies and a drizzle of olive oil
    After dinner (because why not?):

Strawberry jelly - a classic!
    Another cuppa tea 🍵
    Calorie damage for the day: 2782. Ouch! 😅

Reflections:

Measuring Matters: I realized the importance of measuring food, especially when it's calorie-dense like that chicken thigh!
    Wine Biscuits: Could've easily limited myself to one. Noted.
    Mug Muffin: Super tasty but also calorie-rich! A special treat for sure. Plus, I've learned that a pinch of salt and a few more dates make a big difference in taste.
    Hot Chocolate: Going to experiment with stevia and perhaps dial down the jarrah a bit.
    Honestly, I've been ravenous today! Probably should've snuck in some exercise, but the rain was a buzzkill. 🌧️ Fingers crossed for better weather and a more active day tomorrow!

Would love to see what's on your plates and cups! Drop those food snaps and let's inspire each other to make healthier choices. 😊

Stay munching,
    Ahmad
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Feel free to post screenshots or pics of your meals! and leave feedback for other users so they can make better decisions/spend less calories!

Breakfast- 2 wine biscuits
    2 flour wraps with chicken thigh, burrito mix, tinned tomatoes and various veges
    Lunch- 1 wine biscuit
    Mug muffin- cinnamon, vanilla extract, oats, egg, banana, date
    Afternoon tea- hot chocolate with jarrah and sugar
    Popcorn with balsamic vinegar
    Dinner- 2 pieces toast with marmite and butter
    Cup of tea
    2 apples
    Small bit of mince with veges and olive oil
    After dinner- Strawberry jelly
    Cup of tea

Total calories: 2782

What I learnt from today:
    -Measure all foods to have more control over calories. There is a high number for chicken thigh because I didn't know how much it weighed.
    -I had a lot of wine biscuits, I probably should have just had one with my evening pills
    -Should have just had one flour wrap, and weighed it. Would have been more enjoyable if the fillings had been heated and if I had sprinkled some cheese on it, instead of having two wraps
    -The mug muffin is high in calories and should just be a treat. It is only worth having if I put three or more dates in and tastes much better with salt.
    -Should probably weigh my eggs
    -Maybe consider watering down my teas/coffees
    -Try stevia with hot chocolate instead of white sugar and experiment with less jarrah until you reach a minimum amount that you are happy with.

Not really sure how I could have made today better, have been so hungry! I should have done some exercise so I could have eaten more but it was raining and I didn't feel like doing anything inside. It looks like it will be sunny the rest of the week.

Hey everyone, Ahmad here! 🙋‍♂️

So, here's a snapshot of my meals today and the calorie count - and let me tell ya, it was a day of indulgence! 🍽️

Breakfast:

2 wine biscuits
    Chicken thigh wraps (2 flour wraps with burrito mix, tinned tomatoes, and a load of veggies)
    Lunch:

A single wine biscuit (it's an obsession!)
    Mug muffin delight: Loaded with cinnamon, vanilla, oats, an egg, a banana, and a date (yup, just one)
    Afternoon snack:

Hot chocolate with a touch of jarrah and sugar
    Popcorn (tried a new combo with balsamic vinegar – quite interesting!)
    Dinner:

2 toasts, generously spread with marmite and butter
    A calming cup of tea
    2 juicy apples 🍎🍎
    A small serving of mince paired with some veggies and a drizzle of olive oil
    After dinner (because why not?):

Strawberry jelly - a classic!
    Another cuppa tea 🍵
    Calorie damage for the day: 2782. Ouch! 😅

Reflections:

Measuring Matters: I realized the importance of measuring food, especially when it's calorie-dense like that chicken thigh!
    Wine Biscuits: Could've easily limited myself to one. Noted.
    Mug Muffin: Super tasty but also calorie-rich! A special treat for sure. Plus, I've learned that a pinch of salt and a few more dates make a big difference in taste.
    Hot Chocolate: Going to experiment with stevia and perhaps dial down the jarrah a bit.
    Honestly, I've been ravenous today! Probably should've snuck in some exercise, but the rain was a buzzkill. 🌧️ Fingers crossed for better weather and a more active day tomorrow!

Would love to see what's on your plates and cups! Drop those food snaps and let's inspire each other to make healthier choices. 😊

Stay munching,
    Ahmad

Lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @sugarfreesquirrel How many grams of protein are you getting per day and what % of your daily calories is that?

Mine is set at 108g of protein per day and 20% of my daily calories. I don't think I've been hitting it though.

Work on hitting your protein goal and see if that helps with your hunger. Ditto for fiber. Berries are a good way to increase fiber while getting something sweet. I have berries with Greek yogurt, so up my protein as well.
  • Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Here is a standard dinner for me. Air fryer salmon with beans, tomatoes fried with a piece of chopped bacon. Was right around 600 calories.
    1uf0zszjg2mw.jpg