Starting Over Again

Hey!
Years ago I lost weight with another program followed by gaining it back and then flip flopping between starting new programs and just eating in depression. A friend of mine told me about this website and said it was much easier when there was support. So today is one of the many day one's, but this one is the one that will matter. I'm tired of making excuses rather than living life. :-)
So I guess friend me if you would like to follow me on my quest to self acceptance or if you like to talk about movies. etc. nerd things. See you around the forums.

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Wishing you great success on your journey!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    good luck to you
  • Welcome, and all the best to you on your journey :)
  • Welcome!!!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Welcome, let's truly make this one count, so sick of flip flopping. losing the weight then putting it back.. DAMN DEPRESSION! This is a lifestyle change, not a diet just remember that. Don't beat yourself up when you mess up, just try again the next day. ANd remember, if you set your profile to lose 2 lbs a week, even if you go 1000 calories over in one day, you are still eating your matienience calories so don't sweat it. Just remember that your weight fluctuates everyday and don't stress if you gain a lb one day...it's probably just water weight. I've noticed that if I don't go over on my sodium, and don't eat late at night I lose weight alot quicker. and the people here on MFP will be here for you through your gains and your losses, hold you accountable and cheer you on the whole way!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    I am in love with this site. I have done it all in the weight department and with the help of this site, it is the first time I actually know what I am doing. I don't feel like I am dieting as I am not so restricted. I am taking the slow and steady 1 pound a week and on track. Sometimes I slip up but I know tomorrow is a new day and I start again. I do enter my food before I eat it and that helps me stay on track. Good Luck