New here

Options
Hey all! I’m new to this and trying to figure things out. I know I don’t eat enough calories in my day and that is stopping any weight loss I could be doing.
I have about 50 pounds to loose and a body to tone up! Add me as a friend to help keep me motivated!!!
Tagged:

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    hi there :)

the good news is that not eating enough will NOT keep you from losing weight. that's a myth.

are you weighing your food, finding accurate database entries and logging what you eat? when i first did that, it was a real eye opener, and it helped me decide what to do next.
  • jstandrich
    jstandrich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Set your calorie goal so that you are eating enough to not starve but balance in a way that you are eating the right foods at the right time. If you haven’t already, I recommend paying for the full version of the app. It is so convenient to manage your day. Good luck! I’m ~25 lbs down on my 60 lb journey.
  • petekimclaire
    petekimclaire Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m new here as well and have about 60lbs to lose. First goal is to get out of the 230’s. I’ve been stuck for several months. 236.8 today.
  • jellis1388
    jellis1388 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let’s connect and support each other!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    The best way to lose weight is to not overeat. Overeating is easy to do depending on what you are eating. You will have to find a balance that fits your personality and lifestyle, and you will have to give up some habits that are comfortable and automatic now. That is uncomfortable to do but the comfort level balances out over time as you stick with it and develop more healthful (weight loss related as well as nutritionally sound) patterns.

A lot of people, myself included, have found that the best way is to not eat as often and not to eat mindlessly. Fill up to a comfortably full on tasteful food when eating and be done with it until the next scheduled meal. That means either you will add in set snack times or skip eating anything between set larger meal times. ... Feeling hungry before you eat anything is a popular way to learn true hunger from simple cravings that are cued by all sorts of reasons. Good luck. Hope you find the companionship and plan that meets your needs.
  • SamuLH
    SamuLH Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m new here also, and also have a bunch of weight to lose. (And do some toning too!) Good luck in your journey and feel free to reach out for encouragement!
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, looking for friends that are wanting to get rid of these nasty pounds forever.. add me.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m new to this and trying to figure things out. I know I don’t eat enough calories in my day and that is stopping any weight loss I could be doing.
    I have about 50 pounds to loose and a body to tone up! Add me as a friend to help keep me motivated!!!

Hi there;

Not eating enough calories won't prevent you from losing weight. In fact, the only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn. The fewer you eat, the more you lose. The 'starvation mode' thing is a myth.

More likely, you're tracking your calories inaccurately. People forget to add that teaspoon of olive oil they used to saute the onions, or go home and forget to list that latte they had before work, or they don't realize they're eating 6 oz of chicken instead of 3, or don't realize that they're putting like a quarter cup of half n half in their coffee 3 times per day.... you'd be surprised how quickly it can add up.

The food diary here is a good tool to help you do that. It pays to measure everything, at least until you have a strong sense of portion sizes. Keep a notepad app on your phone and just write everything down so you don't forget. A kitchen scale, measuring spoons & cups, etc. are good to have handy.

~Mac
  • StephMarie21404
    StephMarie21404 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always try to overestimate a little when I’m not sure how much of something I ate. Before I started back here I was easily eating close to 2k calories just in one meal. Swapping some higher protein and fiber food’s definitely has helped make me feel fuller so I don’t take in so many calories a day
  • Patchoun
    Patchoun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new (to the community section at least) and i could do with a buddy!