MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY

Options

Replies

• ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @23Bougie Thank you for commenting and all of the other comments too. I'm 59 and back at it again to lose 30 lbs. I need like minded people too on this journey. I've used MFP in the past but not the community. I don't use FB or other social media so this is a great communication tool for me. I can't keep using Covid and menopause as my out for weight gain. I'd like to be friends on here with everyone as well.
  • 23Bougie
    23Bougie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just LOVE that people are joining in to this discussion! So many of us with menopause weight gain struggles! I hear you!!!

Consistency with food while adding in the exercise and sleep are common issues! Let’s keep cheering each other along!

I had a good day today and hope everyone else is doing well! 😊
  • desertbloom415
    desertbloom415 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Haven't done any exercise since this original post other than cleaning one day. Feeling down on myself a bit but also glad I've stayed within my 1200/day calorie limit. Hopefully that keeps me from gaining and might even help me to lose. I'm gonna try to keep strictly to the calorie in/calorie out weight loss tactic even if it's keto.
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got my workout in today. I did Body Beast Legs Build video. I had a fractured left ankle in mid-May and it healed nicely. I've been going to physical therapy 1/week since the end of June for plantar fasciitis. It has really helped. I'm not in pain anymore. So glad for that. One day at at time is what I keep telling myself. Hope everyone has had a good day so far!
  • tashrifica
    tashrifica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I bought a pretty journal and have set up a little habit tracker for the month of September. Things like get 8 hours of sleep, drink 120 Oz water a day, track every meal in MFP, do 3 10 minute walks per day. Also threw in some things like read 25 pages of a book....hoping that I can be consistent at these very small goals until they become habits. I am hoping to reward my self for consistency vs rewarding for weight loss...I hope that by tackling my journey in a different way ,it will finally work. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    I got back to the gym again! Checking in a little early…. Will finish my food log in a bit. Hope everyone has had a great day!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Do we want to do a weekly weight check in here? I’ve had a few messages from people who might like that….
  • barbarajesngw
    barbarajesngw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love the idea of an over 50 support group. I am 56 and have over 50# to lose. I recently got remarried to an evening snacker and a real life Santa who loves sweets. I need to get back good habits! I did it before..I/we can do it again. We are all here because we want it!
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    I watched a Netflix show about living to 100, title was something about living in blue zones. If you watch the last episode's first 15min it'll sum it up nicely in case you don't have time to watch all 4 episodes. It had great tips on everyday exercise, support/motivation, and of course the common aspects all the 100 year olds have in common. Highly recommend :)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    Do we want to do a weekly weight check in here? I’ve had a few messages from people who might like that….

I personally think that would be WONDERFUL @23Bougie !

Count me in.
  • 23Bougie
    edited September 2023
    Options
    WEEKLY WEIGH IN for those interested!

I am going to weigh in on Fridays. This will REALLY help me with accountability. I have gained a few pounds (which happens) so I think having a place to document where we can cheer and encourage each other on will be helpful! Join in however you see fit! Do what works for you in terms of day of week, units of measurement etc. Of course there are also many non-scale victories to acknowledge as well. Below is the template I am starting with. Feel free to copy/paste, edit… to best meet your needs. 😊

SEPTEMBER 2023 weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

9/01 163 (-2)
    9/08
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    57, very married female looking for community to help me lose 40 pounds. I’m discouraged that I’ve gotten to this point and need some encouragement! I’ve done it before so I know I can do it! I know what and how to do it, just need accountability to help me stay consistent and motivated! CW: 164 GW 125
    I’m not new to MFP as far as diary and tracking macros, but definitely new to the “community” aspect of this app. Any help with navigating this side of things is also appreciated 😊. TY

Excuse me for asking but what the heck does very married mean? lol
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    Joining the Friday weigh-ins (doing calorie deficit with goal of ~1200/day plus walking).
    Starting weight: 194 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

9/01 190 (-4) tbh it's mostly water weight, I'm sure it'll be slower moving forward.
    9/08
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Joining the Friday weigh-ins (doing calorie deficit with goal of ~1200/day plus walking).
    Starting weight: 194 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

9/01 190 (-4) tbh it's mostly water weight, I'm sure it'll be slower moving forward.
    9/08
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29

Way to go!!! Thanks for joining!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER 2023 weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 202
    Goal weight: 159

9/01 199.4 (down 2.6)