Slytherin Common Room

Options
Hello Slytherin House! This is the NEW thread for those of us partaking in the Harry Potter Challenge! I have been named the new Head of House by the Headmistress of Hogwarts, bronwenhilary! I urge you all to please read her blog post here about how the point system works and what we’re all about.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

I ask that every Monday you please post a weigh-in and how many minutes you exercised for the week (Monday - Sunday). You can either send it to me in a PM or you can post it in the thread - whichever you are more comfortable with. Once I get a list going, I will provide you with a link to a google docs spreadsheet.

The NEW badge for Slytherin House can be found here. It is just the simple crest of Slytherin. When adding this to your Signature, just remember to change the IMG to all lowercase.
SlytherinBadge.jpg

I am still working through all of the rules and information myself to take on my new role as Head of House, so please bare with me and keep an eye on the thread for more information to come!

THIS IS AN OPEN GROUP!!
If you would like to join us, PLEASE send me a Private Message with the following information:
Starting Weight
Goal Weight

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Super duper! Good luck, Slytherin!
  • Regina1185
    Options
    Thank you for getting this back up and going! I am looking forward to it!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well I am here! I am hoping this helps me get back on track with my food logging! I stopped during the week of the triathlon then last week I was lazy (rationalized it as my recovery week). I have been asked to do a leg of a triathlon this weekend but I do not see a need to not try to lose weight this week.
    I need to get in the right mind set!
    current weight 145.4lb (no change in the past 2 weeks)
    exercise calories: 4202 bad week for me
    exercise time:570 again a bad week
  • janiecorona
    Options
    My weight is 205.2 and I exercised for 400 minutes and burned 4798 calories this passed week.(:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ok - some updated House Rules

-Please report you numbers (weight, minutes exercised, and how many OWLs/NEWTs you earned) to me between Friday and Monday each week. I have to report to our Headmistress by Wednesday of each week. If you have not reported by Tuesday night, you will not be counted in the numbers for the week.

- If you do not report for 2 weeks in a row, I will send you a private message to see if you would still like to participate in the HP Challenge. If I do not hear from you, I will mark you as inactive. You will be removed from the list if you do not report for 4 weeks in a row.

- Each week we will have OWLs (exercise challenges) and NEWTs (food/water challenges). This is the system I will use to determine Prefects. Each week you will have the opportunity to earn 5 OWLs and 5 NEWTs.
    For example, lets say that the weekly exercise challenge is to complete 300 crunches during the week. You will base your OWL rating on how many you completed.
    0 - 10 crunches = 0 OWLs
    11 - 75 crunches = 1 OWL
    76 - 150 crunches = 2 OWLs
    151 - 225 crunches = 3 OWLs
    226 - 299 crunches = 4 OWLs
    300 or more crunches = 5 OWLs

The same will work with how many days you completed the food/water challenge - the NEWTs:
    0 days = 0 NEWTs
    1 day = 1 NEWT
    2 - 3 days = 2 NEWTs
    4 days = 3 NEWTs
    5 - 6 days = 4 NEWTs
    7 days = 5 NEWTs

So with that, here are your weekly challenges:
    OWLs - 300 crunches. Split these up how ever you want. You can do a few each day, or do them all in one day if you are feeling adventurous. If you have a medical injury that prevents you from doing this challenge, please let me know and we can come up with something else for you!
    NEWTS - Stay under your calorie goal each day. This includes the exercise calories!

Good Luck!!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hello Slytherin House!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AN OPEN GROUP!!

Congratulations on your new Head of House, MacSkillz.

Good luck in the inter-house challenge.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Update from the Headmistress:

We're in the lead for the House Cup!!! WTG Slytherins!!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    i want in i wont be able to weigh in on mondays i will be able to weigh in on saturdays
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i want in i wont be able to weigh in on mondays i will be able to weigh in on saturdays

As long as you post only 7 days' worth (or one week) of weight loss and House Points, you can weigh in any time between Friday and Monday of each week. Hogwarts rules :)
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I've managed to screw up
    All month so I'm at a starting weight of 165.8. Almost 4lbs gained from my lowest. Anywho, going forward and excited that this is up and running! No exercise from last week.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hello, lovely Slytherins!

Glad to see the group up and active. We've totally got this :)
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and looking at the new common room. Great job everyone!!
  • Regina1185
    Options
    Weight this week is 198~ 1lb loss.
    I worked out 240 minutes!

Can't wait to accomplish these challenges!

Thanks!
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    hi guys . 1.32 pounds and 360 minutes of exercise
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    40 mins of mountain climbers total last night sucked balls and missing brekfast sucked lol
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    good morning all! glad to see the activity on here.. :-)

i've been a litte unmotivated lately - i only exercised for 90 minutes last week and am up 2 lbs.. :-(

I promise to kick it in gear this week!!

GO SLYTHERINS!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's ok we all have off weeks! I had two off weeks in a row and I am honestly surprised I didn't have a gain.

Its a new day!!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    I live by a quote. Be the best you can be, failure is not an option.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    First of all can I say I finally got my Pottermore email and was sorted into Slytherin - I AM SO STOKED! Woo hoo! Loads of my friends didn't get the houses they wanted but I knew I was a cunning Slytherin, hee hee!

Sadly I am weighing in at 267 this week (SOB!) which is a massive gain of 4 lbs! WHAT EVEN. Though it's that TOM.

Exercised 259 mins / 1729 cals burned.

I am going to get busy with my crunches!