Gastric sleeve meals

Options
Hi what is the best high protein meat very low carb meals for gastric sleeve people I'm 6 months post op and struggle on what things to eat as I'm not allowed any rice or pasta or bread as my pouch doesn't like it and I end up being sick!! Any help would be great :) as I need to get my weight off quick I've already lost 5 stone since October 2021

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I would hope that along with your gastric sleeve procedure you were given at the very least, literature with suggested meals/foods etc?

I’d be inclined to refer back to the team who treated you in the preparation and aftermath of your procedure, if you’re not already under the care of a Dietitian (and I hope you are!) I’m sure they can provide the contacts for you.

Seems like a much better route to get the answers than asking a bunch of random internet strangers who may or may not have any idea about, or experience with, your specific surgical route to weight loss.
  • shellie4440
    shellie4440 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there I use protein shakes, chicken, ham, all kinds of meats after my soft diet. What stage are you at? X
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hi there I use protein shakes, chicken, ham, all kinds of meats after my soft diet. What stage are you at? X

These are what I have been using also. Salmon is a great source of protein, or sea food type foods like shrimp/fish. Peanut butter also has protein.

Add me if you'd like...always looking for more friends.