Can you help me with a few questions

Options
2»

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Popeyes, Dave that's funny...lol Um I pack my lunch everyday and usually put it in my lunch bag with 2 freezer pags but it doesn't keep my food cold.

I never knew there was a cooler to plug into your car. wow I will look for that.

Organc Peanut butter????? I'm going to find it. Because I jsut discovered I like it. When I was a child you couldn't pay me to eat it.

Back in the day I like popeyes and the occassional Mcdonalds but I haven't eaten there in a while. Mcdonalds killed it for me when I logged a Chicken sandwich from there adn it was 600 calories.

hotmom_ ? I thought creatine was for people who wanted to gain weight? and you said take it 30 w/o but are you saying w/o water?

PB and banana sounds interesting I willl try it

thanks guys

No, sorry, workout. I use one that's a pill and more women use so you don't retain water. Creatine gives you more energy for a more intense of a workout and more endurance. It helps with muscle fatigue and stress, helps build lean muscle quicker and recover faster. The weight gain is actually water.:wink: It's made within your body, so it's completely natural.:drinker:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    #1 - Peanut butter, I've found, is pretty filling, however, I use it very sparingly. For instance, for breakfast, I usually have a yogurt and a rice cake, with a little less than 1 tbsp of peanut butter, because it is high in calories. 2 tbsp is 190 calories alone! For lunch, I usually take a single serving of whole grain macaroni and cheese, or I'll make some boneless/skinless chicken with cooked vegetables.

#2 - I've never had protein shakes, bars, powders, or anything of that sort, but I get my protein intake from my chicken, which I like a lot. Foods that are high in protein keep you full longer and that obviously means that you eat less. Protein supplements or powders (etc) have never really been my thing.

#3- Workout DVD's bore me anyway, I don't know why. I would much rather go to the gym and exercise that way, but gym memberships can be extremely pricey. But I need to work my lower back and legs as well, and they have wonderful machines (back extension and these really great leg machines) that target those areas. If you cannot afford a membership or simply don't have time to go to the gym, think about some outdoor activities rather than being cooped up inside in front of the television doing boring video workouts. The days that I don't go to the gym, I walk a mile or two, and my boyfriend and I are planning on getting new bikes once the weather gets warmer so that we can ride trails. Remember that walking targets every single part of your body and is SO extremely healthy for you. It's an excellent form of cardio and I personally, enjoy it.
    [/quote]

Thank you, I have a gym membership but I needed some help for the mornings whenit's too cold or dark to walk and when I'm running late i like to pop them in. I'm don't eat chicken anymore but
    Thank you for your suggestions.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think you can have peanut butter for lunch a couple of days, i have it with a carmal rice cake (quakers) and 1 tb of PB and the rice cake only is about 150 calories... its very yummy! try it a couple times a week, I have it with an apple and a banana. (also could be a great snack)
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    go to collagevideo.com to view clips of workout DVD's that you can buy.

http://www.collagevideo.com/
  • tjones7
    Options
    Lunch ideas for me include: egg salad or quesadillas on whole wheat, low carb tortillas.

I've been drinking protein shakes/bars lately too as part of the p90x program and I think they have really helped me drop lbs. We use Body Fortress from walmart too, or if you have costco/sam's club they have an EAS brand that is even cheaper (per serving). I like the pure protein bars they have too. They're actually chewy!

on an 1800 cal. diet, I get 200+ grams of protein, 130 carbs, and I'm not sure on the fat.

Thank you. I thought abour ordering the p90x but i don't have a lot of space to jump around in. Do you love it? See, I have tasted the pure protein bars and don't like them. but thank you for the info because it had helped.
  • tjones7
    Options
    No, sorry, workout. I use one that's a pill and more women use so you don't retain water. Creatine gives you more energy for a more intense of a workout and more endurance. It helps with muscle fatigue and stress, helps build lean muscle quicker and recover faster. The weight gain is actually water.:wink: It's made within your body, so it's completely natural.:drinker:
    [/quote]

hate to be a dork but are you saying get a creatine pill?
  • tjones7
    Options
    Aes 14 and Tamahan Thanks for your suggestion I will try them.