MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY

Options

Replies

• reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and have 50 pounds to lose. I could use support too! Feel free to friend me!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    reneewill wrote: »
    I'm 59 and have 50 pounds to lose. I could use support too! Feel free to friend me!

How does one friend another person?

I haven’t been able to find how to do this.
  • whittington1234
    whittington1234 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi! I’m 55 and at my all time highest weight. Menopause has been tough but I’m determined to get myself healthy again! My goal is to loose 30 pounds and learn a healthy lifestyle for this phase of life.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am 51, married, Mom to 3 teenagers and Work Full time.

I have about 40 lbs to shed. Second time on MFP. First lasted more years than I can count. Fell off the wagon in 2019 when I was going through an extremely stressful time with my Eldest son. Then the pandemic hit.... And I have just not been able to get back on track. Highest weight I hit was 210 last year. has taken me about 18 months to get to 176.

I need all the motivation, support and encouragement I can get!
  • daria0919
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have about 40 lbs to shed. Second time on MFP. First lasted more years than I can count. Fell off the wagon in 2019 when I was going through an extremely stressful time with my Eldest son. Then the pandemic hit.... And I have just not been able to get back on track. Highest weight I hit was 210 last year. has taken me about 18 months to get to 176.

We’re here for you! Great job on getting from 210, down to 176 so far!
  • desertbloom415
    desertbloom415 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great work - I know took a lot of work! How'd you lose it?

Working2BBetter wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

• EllieLou3
    EllieLou3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi from the UK where we - like lots of places - are experiencing a heat wave. My desire for it to be Autumn is partly driven by looking pretty bad in shorts! The children are back at school today and so it begins (again). I lose all motivation at the weekend when the wine and chocolate come out so I'm going to track fiercely and engage with these fabulous groups. Tomorrow I'm getting on the scales...I've been avoiding that for a while. Gym this evening.x
  • daria0919
    Options
    EllieLou3 wrote: »
    Hi from the UK where we - like lots of places - are experiencing a heat wave. My desire for it to be Autumn is partly driven by looking pretty bad in shorts! The children are back at school today and so it begins (again). I lose all motivation at the weekend when the wine and chocolate come out so I'm going to track fiercely and engage with these fabulous groups. Tomorrow I'm getting on the scales...I've been avoiding that for a while. Gym this evening.x
    Welcome to our group! We’re here for you! I know about the wine and chocolate- I used to be there. Have stopped the wine - no more high blood pressure for me since I stopped alcohol over a year ago. No more high blood pressure medicine. BP is normal now. Amazing how that one change can affect one’s body. My hubby and I only had it 2-3 times a week (mostly weekends) so it doesn’t take much to raise BP.
    The chocolate I still have, but less of it.
    I wish you well!
  • 23Bougie
    23Bougie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    EllieLou3 wrote: »

Welcome and happy to have you jump on the “let’s get back on track” group! Hopefully it felt good to go to the gym! I feel like fall/back to school is a great time to reset!

😊
  • waxingturtle
    waxingturtle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi @23Bougie AND OTHER commenters. I'm also female and very married, 22yrs! Also have spinal problems and debilitating pain (spinal tumor, tethered cord syndrome). I need to build core strength and muscles in my legs.
    I, too, am new to the community aspect of this app. Last time I used this program it was called, "sparkpeople," 😂 a long time ago!
    I've done weight watchers but it never stuck. I love the analytics of this program. I do better knowing the details of my choices, makes it easier to make different ones next time.
    I'll send you a friend request, I've figured that much out, haha. feel free to add me.
    Welcome back to MFP!
  • tashrifica
    tashrifica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Working2BBetter Congratulations on your weight loss to date, that's great! I'd love to hear how you've done it so far...as I'm sure many others do also!

Hope everyone else is having a great week so far, I am so happy tomorrow is Friday!
    I am plugging away here at my mini goals...3 small walks a day, tracking every meal, drinking ALL the water! its been HOT here this week too, so walking outside isn't fun, I've been walking around my house in the evenings and I'm adding 3 extra blocks to my walk from the parking lot to the office ( i HAVE to walk it anyways, so if i can make it a 10 minute walk, that's one checked off for the day)

Also, adding reading and sleep to my habit tracker as i feel they will generally just make me happier :)
    Take care all,
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    SEPTEMBER 2023 weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

9/01 163 (-2)
    9/08 161 (-2)
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29
  • daria0919
    Options
    SEPTEMBER 2023 weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 202
    Goal weight: 159

9/01 199.4 (down 2.6)
    9/08 196.9 (down 2.5)
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29
  • debhammond21
    debhammond21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I do so much better eating/working out if I have others to be accountable to.
  • ahancock414
    ahancock414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 53, married, menopausal, and wanting to get back to my goal weight of 145. Currently 165 although I am working out 3x/week and really watching what I eat. I gained 20 pounds during the pandemic and cannot lose it no matter what. I need the support of others in the same boat. Thanks in advance for the encouragement!
  • desertbloom415
    desertbloom415 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-ins (doing calorie deficit with goal of ~1200/day plus walking).
    Starting weight: 194 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs,

9/01 190 (-4)
    9/08 188.5 (1.5)
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29
  • daria0919
    Options
    Hi All - this group’s been very quiet last several days. I hope all is well with each of you. Please catch us up on your ups/downs, good stuff happening, etc

I had a rough weekend if some overeating. I don’t binge, just eat too much in the evening. My wish is to not eat anything else that n e dinner is done, but I find myself snacking after dinner and this has caused a slight weight gain.

I’m going to give today a try at not eating in the evening again.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • daria0919
    Options
    Hi! I’m 53, married, menopausal, and wanting to get back to my goal weight of 145. Currently 165 although I am working out 3x/week and really watching what I eat. I gained 20 pounds during the pandemic and cannot lose it no matter what. I need the support of others in the same boat. Thanks in advance for the encouragement!

Welcome!!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Hi all! I hope everyone is doing alright! I’ve had some ups and downs and haven’t been as focused as I’d like. In general I am eating clean, just not exercising as much ch as I’d like! I also tend to not finish logging my food (dinner usually) until the next morning!

Although I have my calories set at 1,200, I strive for a more realistic 1,400 -1,600. I have found that going over is easier in terms of this app….

My continued goal remains being consistent at the gym without hurting myself! I want to see some significant progress so I can stop feeling badly about myself! I’m sure many can relate. 😏
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Hi All - this group’s been very quiet last several days. I hope all is well with each of you. Please catch us up on your ups/downs, good stuff happening, etc

I had a rough weekend if some overeating. I don’t binge, just eat too much in the evening. My wish is to not eat anything else that n e dinner is done, but I find myself snacking after dinner and this has caused a slight weight gain.

I’m going to give today a try at not eating in the evening again.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I hear you on the night eating! It’s a battle for me as well sometimes too!