I love food WAY too much!

Options
I keep finding myself wanting to fall back into my old habits! And it's not like I'm really craving those particular items, it's just that my rebellion kicks in and I eat stuff "just because I can". Or "just because no one's gonna tell me how to eat".

And I miss all my yummy cereals too. Kashi just isn't as good as honey nut cheerios!

Is this something I'm going to be able to stick with the rest of my life? I know someday I'm going to go back to 2% milk, and butter on my toast, and starbucks twice a week. So now I'm bummed. :(:sad:

Replies

• RhiannaMae
    Options
    I keep finding myself wanting to fall back into my old habits! And it's not like I'm really craving those particular items, it's just that my rebellion kicks in and I eat stuff "just because I can". Or "just because no one's gonna tell me how to eat".

And I miss all my yummy cereals too. Kashi just isn't as good as honey nut cheerios!

Is this something I'm going to be able to stick with the rest of my life? I know someday I'm going to go back to 2% milk, and butter on my toast, and starbucks twice a week. So now I'm bummed. :(:sad:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Well, if I want Honey Nut cheerio's..I have them. Same with most foods....if you totally cut all the things you love out..you will keep going back to them and going overboard. The key is portion control and planning them into your daily calorie allotment. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    The key is moderation. If I have a craving I don't completely deny it (unless it is a soft drink), I just have less. My biggest weakness is hamburgers. If I want one I have one, but I cut it in two or three pieces and spread out when I eat it over a day or two. That helps keep me on track and satisfies my craving.

Good Luck.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Maybe its not in you to do the whole shabang just cause a lot of people do that doesnt mean its for you...maybe you enjoy the working out but not the food adjustment...go with your own plan make it something you can stick with ...good luck:drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

you can have your cheerios- as long as you are loggin your calories-- I eat whatever I want in moderation and within my calories- I don't deprive myself what so ever- I also workout and I am seeing great results since I started being serious and came back to this site with a vengeance back in Febuary- I am now down 10lbs- It all comes down to portion control and moderation with exercise there is no special math to it- Its basic.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    The key is moderation. If I have a craving I don't completely deny it (unless it is a soft drink), I just have less. My biggest weakness is hamburgers. If I want one I have one, but I cut it in two or three pieces and spread out when I eat it over a day or two. That helps keep me on track and satisfies my craving.

Good Luck.

Not me I eat my burger but nix the fries-- Everything has to fit into my calories for the day- I don't allow myself to go over my calories at all- But I still eat what ever I want-
  • tyheamma
    tyheamma Posts: 10
    Options
    I got crabby recently and decided to eat whatever I wanted, in whatever quantity I wanted, without any regards to actually being hungry.

Thank goodness for fitness challenges that upped my calorie burning so that standing on the scale this morning didn't hurt too badly. But binging isn't worth it. I'm telling myself how to eat (and what to eat) because I'm tired of being plus size. Nobody else is telling me to do it (otherwise, I might just get violent).

I can't cut any food straight out of my diet, but I have started making myself burn the calories for it. With MFP, I can tell if I'm close to my daily calories and go and work out doing something fun and earn it. I did this recently with a church event; I had eaten a light breakfast and a light lunch and saved up 1500 calories so that I could have a couple of plates of that delicious food.

The other thing I have been doing with success is turning things down if it's just as easy to not eat as it is to eat. For example, I was offered a cookie after walking to a friend's house. I didn't need it, and while I enjoy cookies, I wasn't especially craving one... so I turned my friend down but gave her permission to give a cookie to my daughter (who is a little underweight really). I walked about a mile and a half to get to her house (and then another mile and a half back), so I could have had that cookie guilt free... but I didn't REALLY want it, so I turned it down, knowing that tonight there will be something I really want and can say yes to having.

Good luck with your food lust ;)
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I love food way too much also, but I have managed to retrain myself in portion sizes. I have not stopped eating ANY foods, I just don't eat near as much of them as I used to. For me, I knew that if I eliminated all my favorite foods, I would be left with nothing to eat and I would never stick with it. I have managed to lose weight and best of all keep it off and still enjoy eating and drinking just as much as when I was not consciously aware of how much I was eating. :bigsmile: