Today I failed

Options
cdennis9154
cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
I emotionally ate today.

I ate two slices of pizza, a pack of candy, a cookie.

Most calories since mid August

Replies

• MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. You got this! We can't expect perfection, just keep plugging along!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 823 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    No worries at all. I think the guilt is what derails us most.

If you look at it as calories to fuel your day tomorrow, then have a great day getting back on track, those aren’t set backs. Just like our muscles need time to heal, sometimes we need a short mental break from the dieting mentality as well.

This is a lifestyle not a prison sentence 💕 We keep pushing forward.
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    It's just one day. You got this! We can't expect perfection, just keep plugging along!

Thank you for the support. This really helped me reset this morning. I failed yesterday but I won today. I woke up this morning. hit the gym. did cardio. even did some sprints and hiit. had a solid back and bi workout. I'm primed for a good chest and tri workout tomorrow. thank you for the support!
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    No worries at all. I think the guilt is what derails us most.

If you look at it as calories to fuel your day tomorrow, then have a great day getting back on track, those aren’t set backs. Just like our muscles need time to heal, sometimes we need a short mental break from the dieting mentality as well.

This is a lifestyle not a prison sentence 💕 We keep pushing forward.

I appreciate this! You are so right. Usually this guilt would spiral into days and then weeks and then months of bad eating and not working out. But I conquered it mentally. I got up. Put it behind me. And got down to business. I was actually refreshed. I walked faster during my cardio. I even did some sprints and hiit which I hadn't done prior to today. Had a great back and bicep workout. And I'm already anxious about tomorrow's workout.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Lol, refeed day. Don't be shocked if you lose weight tomorrow morning. One day doesn't break months of work. Just enjoy that day. Back on track tomorrow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, refeed day. Don't be shocked if you lose weight tomorrow morning. One day doesn't break months of work. Just enjoy that day. Back on track tomorrow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Surprisingly...I feel better mentally, amd physically. Workout was more explosive this morning. I feel refocused and rededicated.
  • CedarRD
    CedarRD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel" - quote from Eloise Ristad, author and musician